Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Purchases Anyone?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)

Black Friday Purchases Anyone?

With Black Friday around the corner, I thought I'd see if anyone has their eye on anything in particular. Any items you plan on picking up? Watch? Boots? Pants?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    Not really a Black Friday deal, but I just found an incredible sale this week on a Barbour Bedale. I've had my eye on one for a couple years and finally decided to pull the trigger. ~$200 including shipping. Hard to beat that.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    921 Post(s)
    I bought some sweaters from S&M last week so nothing I'm looking for. Saving my pennies for a Gansey sweater. After hype from PTO and DieWorkwear, I've decided to plunk down the cash on a sweater. Hopefully I can get something similar to the DDL pattern with the extra sleeve detail.

https://putthison.com/the-greatest-s...-a-generation/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    My 20 year old wants a leather jacket for Christmas this year, so I'm on the lookout for for one for him.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I bought some sweaters from S&M last week so nothing I'm looking for. Saving my pennies for a Gansey sweater. After hype from PTO and DieWorkwear, I've decided to plunk down the cash on a sweater. Hopefully I can get something similar to the DDL pattern with the extra sleeve detail.

https://putthison.com/the-greatest-s...-a-generation/
    I saw that article. Those sweaters are amazing. I dont 'know that I'd put that much money into a sweater, personally. But I am on the lookout for a sweater with a neckline similar to that one. I like the "turtleneck" look...but I find them to be a bit uncomfortable for anything short of blizzard-conditions. I have a big neck relative to my shoulder size, so the necks are frequently a bit tight.

If you decide to get a Gansey, please post a pic!

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Not looking for anything in particular. I should be getting my Polar Explorer II back from RSC mid December and hopefully my new OP will arrive before then... those are the two main items on my radar right now.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    921 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I saw that article. Those sweaters are amazing. I dont 'know that I'd put that much money into a sweater, personally. But I am on the lookout for a sweater with a neckline similar to that one. I like the "turtleneck" look...but I find them to be a bit uncomfortable for anything short of blizzard-conditions. I have a big neck relative to my shoulder size, so the necks are frequently a bit tight.

If you decide to get a Gansey, please post a pic!
    According to DieWorkwear the lead time is 3 months. I looked at it like this, I have spent $400 for sport coats that have little wear. One in particular was close to $500 after alterations. For sweaters, I know I will wear the crap out of them which is why I am willing to spend the money on this. Part of me is thinking of selling off a couple sport coats since I am not in that environment anymore and if I were to move back to that work environment, I have my staple items down which I would wear more often.

When I first got into menswear, I wanted everything. Now I just want things I will wear the shit out of.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    295 Post(s)
    If a charcoal suit 1818 in Regent fit from Brooks Brothers (but not Cloud or Cool fabric) goes on sale for under $550, that's my Xmas gift from the wife.

Imma be looking out for it!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    158 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    When I first got into menswear, I wanted everything. Now I just want things I will wear the shit out of.
    I like this approach, too. Now that I've figured out what type of clothes I like to wear, I'd rather buy nicer stuff and wear those items more often.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    295 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I like this approach, too. Now that I've figured out what type of clothes I like to wear, I'd rather buy nicer stuff and wear those items more often.
    Yep--me too! Except I want a lot of nice stuff! Sometimes I want more feet so I can wear more shoes at once. A few times I've gone home at lunch and changed my shoes just because I want to wear them all!