Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Purchases Anyone?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I don't want to hijack the thread, so this will be my last sweater/turtleneck comment...but I've always been a bit torn on whether turtleneck sweaters look awesome or silly on men. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has had these thougts:

http://dieworkwear.com/post/18019218...tering-sweater
    Anything not mainstream is silly.

EDIT: I had one burgundy turtleneck. Worn it to death and after putting off for so long, I finally got a dark green one.
    Last edited by 3piece; November 17th, 2018 at 04:12 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    My closets are full. Only clothes I am getting are when I rip/need replaced.

Main thing I am looking for is a Steelcase/Herman Miller computer chair. Currently using a folding chair, but it just cracked recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Probably something from IBEX shoes.

I'm also hoping for a decent suit for a few hundred dollars. Navy with pinstripes.

I am thinking SuitSupply or something from the local Dillard's. They usually have some HSM in stock.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    If ONLY my Alden 401’s would show up...

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I have a feeling I'll spend too much at S&M if they do 20% off again. The Angelico Windowpane sport coat they posted on IG has me hooked.

Dappered Veteran
    Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    513 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlejandroLopez View Post
    I am feeling painfully tempted by this Southwick peacoat at 30% off via Allen Edmonds https://www.allenedmonds.com/clothin...014587#start=1

I told myself I'd thrift a vintage peacoat to save money for more pressing sartorial needs, but that model is the one and only peacoat I've seen that nails every little detail I'd put on something I designed for myself.
    I don't really understand the purpose of a peacoat. if it's cold don't you want something w/ more coverage? Why not just get a navy double breasted overcoat? And if you're a size 40, why not buy my gently worn, Bonobos navy DB overcoat made of Marzotto Wool/Cash for less than half the price? (Not listed yet)

On topic: Mostly looking for affordable basics. Maybe a few flannel shirts from Abercrombie, maybe a lofty turtleneck and crewneck sweater (idk from where), a plain hoodie and some slim sweatpants, but I've already purchased a lot this season.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LosRockets View Post
    I don't really understand the purpose of a peacoat. if it's cold don't you want something w/ more coverage? Why not just get a navy double breasted overcoat? And if you're a size 40, why not buy my gently worn, Bonobos navy DB overcoat made of Marzotto Wool/Cash for less than half the price? (Not listed yet)

On topic: Mostly looking for affordable basics. Maybe a few flannel shirts from Abercrombie, maybe a lofty turtleneck and crewneck sweater (idk from where), a plain hoodie and some slim sweatpants, but I've already purchased a lot this season.
    Your overcoat is made of cash? Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Loafer28 View Post
    I just received an email that Kamakura is marking down some of their shirts to $50 for Black Friday. If their traditional OCBD make the cut, I am jumping on it. I bought one to try them out and it is my favorite Oxford.
    This is good to know. Thank you!
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Going to check out that Kamakura deal. Aside from that, sticking to smart home items - Google Home Hub, some smart light switches, etc.
    instagram.com/cutandbasted
    cutandbasted.tumblr.com

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sdjackofclubs View Post
    Going to check out that Kamakura deal. Aside from that, sticking to smart home items - Google Home Hub, some smart light switches, etc.
    I have the smart home stuff. Get smart door locks. They are far more useful than any of the rest, by like 17 orders of magnitude. I would never go without them on all exterior doors again. The rest (lights, thermostat, etc) I wouldn't really bother with again. I don't use it enough to care.