Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Black Friday Purchases Anyone?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Since now Banana Republic sells XXS, I might get a top coat if it's deeply discounted.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    https://americanreserveshop.com/coll...g-shoe-company

56% off red wing boots with code arcmay56. You can pre order it with the code. It doesn't get better price for 1st quality rw boots.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I saw that article. Those sweaters are amazing. I dont 'know that I'd put that much money into a sweater, personally. But I am on the lookout for a sweater with a neckline similar to that one. I like the "turtleneck" look...but I find them to be a bit uncomfortable for anything short of blizzard-conditions. I have a big neck relative to my shoulder size, so the necks are frequently a bit tight.

If you decide to get a Gansey, please post a pic!
    I saw that article too and it started me thinking of how those sweaters look great. But as mentioned above, that's a lot of money to put in to a sweater. However seeing as I'm complaining in another thread about how my Gap sweater is pilling at the moment, perhaps spending a bit more money on a quality sweater is worth it. I tend to run hot though, so having a big bulky/warm sweater might be a little uncomfortable for me.

I did invest in a turtleneck from Uniqlo so I'll see how that plays out. My first time wearing/purchasing a turtleneck in over 25 years.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I saw that article too and it started me thinking of how those sweaters look great. But as mentioned above, that's a lot of money to put in to a sweater. However seeing as I'm complaining in another thread about how my Gap sweater is pilling at the moment, perhaps spending a bit more money on a quality sweater is worth it. I tend to run hot though, so having a big bulky/warm sweater might be a little uncomfortable for me.

I did invest in a turtleneck from Uniqlo so I'll see how that plays out. My first time wearing/purchasing a turtleneck in over 25 years.
    I bought a S&M turtleneck and it is thinner so I was not too hot today though I run a little colder. As for the sweater, I have thought of purchasing a William Lockie sweater from an ebayer who has them but the one I wanted was scooped up before I had the cash...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    142 Post(s)
    I just received an email that Kamakura is marking down some of their shirts to $50 for Black Friday. If their traditional OCBD make the cut, I am jumping on it. I bought one to try them out and it is my favorite Oxford.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    167 Post(s)
    I bought three pairs of BB flannel trousers at 30% off because I'm freezing.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I bought some sweaters from S&M last week so nothing I'm looking for. Saving my pennies for a Gansey sweater. After hype from PTO and DieWorkwear, I've decided to plunk down the cash on a sweater. Hopefully I can get something similar to the DDL pattern with the extra sleeve detail.

https://putthison.com/the-greatest-s...-a-generation/
    Such a cool article - thanks for the link.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    I am feeling painfully tempted by this Southwick peacoat at 30% off via Allen Edmonds https://www.allenedmonds.com/clothin...014587#start=1

I told myself I'd thrift a vintage peacoat to save money for more pressing sartorial needs, but that model is the one and only peacoat I've seen that nails every little detail I'd put on something I designed for myself.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    69 Post(s)
    That peacoat is gorgeous.

I am excited to see what kind of discounts Proper Cloth might offer. I think last year it was only free shipping.

Now that I have a new job that I have to be much more dressed up for, I'd also be up for a new Bellroy Note Sleeve. I screwed up my last one by letting it go through the wash. I keep hestiating on a new slim wallet because I really like having a Tile sensor in my wallet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quoted
    159 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post

I don't want to hijack the thread, so this will be my last sweater/turtleneck comment...but I've always been a bit torn on whether turtleneck sweaters look awesome or silly on men. Apparently, I'm not the only one who has had these thougts:

http://dieworkwear.com/post/18019218...tering-sweater