Thread: Thursday Boot Company - Caramel Colour

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Thursday Boot Company - Caramel Colour

Hey Gents,

I bought a pair of Thursday Boot Company Baron wholecuts in what they call their "caramel" colour, second hand on eBay. These shoes -https://thursdayboots.com/products/mens-shoe-baron-caramel

Wondering if anyone has these or one of their other models in the caramel colour and can recommend the proper cream or polish shade?

They don't seem to actually sell any creams or polishes on their site, only Venetian Shoe Leather Balm. It doesn't appear to be a standard tan or walnut shade either, so I'm leery of using another company's creams, like an AE Walnut, for instance. The last photo they have on the site, the shoes have a really vibrant luster and shine, which seems like it would be hard to emulate without first applying a layer of the correct colour with a cream polish and then maybe using a neutral wax and buffing like crazy. I'd love to be able to replicate that look as closely as possible.

If there isn't anything that's a good match, my plan it to just use neutral shoe balm/conditioner, but I thought I'd check with the group first.

Any help is very appreciated.

Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Don't drive yourself crazy trying to find a perfect match. If in doubt, error on the lighter side.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)
    Saphir has a lot of shades of brown available. You can get them on Amazon as well as other websites.

Here's a color chart:

https://saphirshoecream.com/collecti...s/color-charts

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Oh interesting, they actually have a caramel that looks to be about bang on. Thanks for that chart, I appreciate it. Unfortunately they don't seem to have it available for sale on amazon.ca (the Canadian version), so I'll have to look elsewhere, but I appreciate the tip.

Yeah fair point .brian.. Those marketing photos just look so damn cool, I want mine to look like that lol.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1153 Post(s)
    @Dougie I'm interested in hearing your experience with Thursday boots. Now that AE quality seems to be on the decline, I'm starting to look for a replacement brand. I'm interested in Spier and MacKay's shoes, but also want to know what Thursday Boots are all about. Cheers.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    302 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Oh interesting, they actually have a caramel that looks to be about bang on. Thanks for that chart, I appreciate it. Unfortunately they don't seem to have it available for sale on amazon.ca (the Canadian version), so I'll have to look elsewhere, but I appreciate the tip.

Yeah fair point .brian.. Those marketing photos just look so damn cool, I want mine to look like that lol.
    Try the Hanger Project.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Try the Hanger Project.
    Yep, went there next after you posted that chart yesterday. I actually sent in a question to them and they responded that though they don't carry the Caramel colour, they'd actually recommend the Medium Brown #37. When I read it I thought they were way off, but when I got home last night the shoes had arrived by Fed Ex and when I took them out of the box I realized medium brown is probably bang on.

The shoes are much browner and less tan/walnut in real life. I almost thought the original owner must incorrectly have used a brown polish or something, but in reviewing the pictures on the site again, I can kind of see it. I think in those outdoor marketing shots just the way the light is hitting the shoes really lightens the colour up.

I'll post some pics of the shoes tonight if I remember.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    @Dougie I'm interested in hearing your experience with Thursday boots. Now that AE quality seems to be on the decline, I'm starting to look for a replacement brand. I'm interested in Spier and MacKay's shoes, but also want to know what Thursday Boots are all about. Cheers.
    I'll post an update in a few weeks once I've had a chance to wear them a few times. Out of the box though, they seem quite nice. My pair is very lightly worn and the nearly new product looks and feels great in my hand. I think they'll look a ton better still once I condition and polish them the first time.

I'll report back.