Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Dean

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlejandroLopez View Post
    Jodhpur boots are due a comeback in menswear circles as the Chelsea has become as ubiquitous as chukkas in the realm of semi-casual boots. Once streetwear brands started making their own spin on chukkas, the Chelsea boom on menswear soon followed and, sure enough, streetwear brands are making Chelseas which means something new is coming in the cycle.

Anyway, I've always found Jodhpurs to be an underrated option and in fact ordered a pair from Beckett Simonon in tan calfskin leather that should be arriving in February. Thinking I'll be able to pull off some nice outfits anchored by the boots and my tan lambskin Schott moto jacket. I reckon they'll go well with a tan camel coat if I ever find the right one for me.
    That makes sense with the streetwear angle. I like the look of Jodhpurs, and think they will go well with that Schott moto you have. I might be placing an order for some Jod's myself in the very near future. I am pretty sick of the Dalton look to be honest. It's become pretty pedestrian imo as far as menswear and boots go. I have a pair and hardly even wear them now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    That makes sense with the streetwear angle. I like the look of Jodhpurs, and think they will go well with that Schott moto you have. I might be placing an order for some Jod's myself in the very near future. I am pretty sick of the Dalton look to be honest. It's become pretty pedestrian imo as far as menswear and boots go. I have a pair and hardly even wear them now.
    The Daltons are a good looking boot, but the whole "dress boots" trend never made much sense to me in that it always hinged on the idea that dress boots are quite versatile, an idea I've never been down with. Wingtips and leather soles together never look right with denim to me and they're called dress boots for a reason. I might cop a pair of Daltons off eBay now that the market is flush with them at good prices, but there's no way I'm picking them over my Alden Indy boots when I'm wearing denim. I also think some nice suede chukkas make for a more versatile casual/dressy option than pure dress boots.