Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rain shoes

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)
    What about a pair of slip-ons? Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Tingley-Mens-.../dp/B002ONCQHQ

Note, I have no experience with anything like this. Just throwing it out there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Something like those cheap-o wingtip boots that JCPenney sold back in the day would be ideal for this purpose.
    Yes -- these are exactly what I wear in the rain in Manhattan. They are still available
    https://www.jcpenney.com/p/stafford-...plType=regular

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdsmith3 View Post
    Yes -- these are exactly what I wear in the rain in Manhattan. They are still available
    https://www.jcpenney.com/p/stafford-...plType=regular
    They are all out of stock. I have a pair and they are good to beat the shit out of.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    They are all out of stock. I have a pair and they are good to beat the shit out of.
    Its a shame too as they are great for this exact purpose. I have my three year old pair on today for just that reason and they still look great despite pretty heavy wear. The bottoms are getting rather thin though and every time I put them on I start thinking of what I'll get as replacements when the sole finally goes.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    295 Post(s)
    You might consider the AE Nomad Chelsea boots, which are featured on the main page today. While not "waterproof" they are water resistant. I like my Nomad Chukka boots quite a bit. I don't know that I would wear Chelsea boots with a suit or tux, but I would with just about anything else.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    123 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 300e View Post
    Its a shame too as they are great for this exact purpose. I have my three year old pair on today for just that reason and they still look great despite pretty heavy wear. The bottoms are getting rather thin though and every time I put them on I start thinking of what I'll get as replacements when the sole finally goes.
    Used to use the staffords for that, but they ran their course after several years (maybe the best bang for buck boots I ever had).

currently rocking a pair of Florsheim chelsea zip ups for that pu from DSW for this purpose. Not sure what the model is, but the purchase was pretty recent so I imagine they are still available. They are pretty solid, really comfortable, warm and handle the elements just fine (rain at least, I guess I'll test them out in snow shortly)