Thread: Mechanic jeans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Mechanic jeans

I am looking for recommendations for an affordable work jean. I have an endurance race team (24 Hours of LeMons). We go through tech inspection with the car on Friday and then race on Saturday and Sunday. After Friday tech, our team goes out to a casual restaurant. I would love to have a dark jean that can go from the race track to the restaurant. I usually wear black Adidas Sambas and a t-shirt or mechanic shirt with our team's logo on it. These jeans will get a bit greasy and grimy so dark would be best. I've been wearing a pair of Paige jeans that I ruined when I was painting the car's cage red and it would be nice to have something that didn't have a red stripe on the lap. I usually get my jeans from Nordstrom, but it seems foolish to get an expensive pair of jeans and then expose them to the abuse of a race weekend. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    447 Post(s)
    Yeah, bring a secondary pair of jeans and change in your car, or whose ever car you go in. Takes less than minute. Wearing greasy jeans out to any restaurant is kind of bootleg imo.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1152 Post(s)
    I'd suggest looking for a pair of jeans at the Sally Ann or Goodwill. If they are going to get greasy/dirty and you're not looking to wear them as an 'everyday' pair, then I'd be looking to save a bit of cake where possible.