Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New Gap line, Hill City...curios

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    903 Post(s)
    When the temp is >40*F, I practically live in some Lululemon Surge shorts and a Lululemon top outside of work or going to dinner. I go from breakfast with my son to playing in the yard, a quick grocery trip for lunch items, then during nap time I will lounge around the house before it is play time again.

Once my sons can behave in public, I will likely dress differently but I am currently the Active Parent demographic. I currently average 30K steps a day on the weekends easy.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    whoa...I hadnt checked on this thread since I made it. fun times, fun times. I am interested because I dont like hiking in gym clothes or regular clothes. Most hiking attire is either trying to hard to be Bear Grylls or is marketed towards 70 year olds for some reason. I just want something that functions for physical activity but isnt basketball shorts or a Patagonia pullover. And yeah, some days we go for a hike then go in the nearest town for dinner or go for a hike near asheville after window shopping and pub hopping. I like to look half decent without a pit stop in between.

Everyone has a different lifestyle. Something that makes no senses to yours might make perfect sense to someone else's. In the pocket knife thread someone mad e a comment that they are never more than a few steps from a pair of scissors so to them a pocket knife is pointless. I have left work and ended up hiking a creek bed that has no cell coverage the same day. We all live differently and we all have different expectations from what we buy. Thinking the gym, is the only place physical activity occurs is one way to live your life. There are many others.
    Honestly, Cabela's and Bass Pro have some very functional stuff that doesn't look too bad. Eddie Bauer might even be a better blend of functionality and looks.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    I noticed the brand on the website and checked it out. I was in the market for a nicer pair of sweat pants to wear on the occasional lazy Sunday. I ended up with Mack Weldon Ace from eBay for $59, and I like them a lot. Maybe when this brand goes on sale, I'll give something else a try.

My one pair of synthetic, stretchy chino-style joggers from a few years ago are down to me wearing them for car repair and house painting. I tried them for "active" stuff outside but I felt like an idiot. Maybe I'm too old, or maybe "joggers" really are lame.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by believe0101 View Post
    Considering stopping in to try out their chinos. I've been on the fence about a pair of Lululemon ABC Pants for months, this could be a worthy alternative.

Haters gonna hate, pants are just pants, even if they're not wool trousers
    I want to try ABC pants too. I think they would be great for chasing my son around the playground, errands, comfortable but still a little buttoned up cool.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gochrisgo View Post
    I want to try ABC pants too. I think they would be great for chasing my son around the playground, errands, comfortable but still a little buttoned up cool.
    Same! My go to are Zanerobe joggers right now. Chino fabric, but sweat pant ankle cuffs and a nice, roomy drop crotch hahaha

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    919 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Honestly, Cabela's and Bass Pro have some very functional stuff that doesn't look too bad. Eddie Bauer might even be a better blend of functionality and looks.
    I have been able to pick and choose a few pieces here and there for sure. My biggest thing is I want synthetic materials that dont look synthetic. Its a tough ask and not many things fit the bill without being crazy expensive. But Synthetic stuff dries faster and doest retain odors so its ideal for that woods to town transition.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    This is interesting. I love what BR brings to the table...Could mean a lower cost alternative....I'm interested in seeing what they roll out.