Quoted
    437 Post(s)
    "Fashion is temporary and expensive. Style is timeless and affordable."

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    This makes sense. I recall reading somewhere that Old Navy and Athleta are the only BR brands that have had any sales growth over the last few years. I never understood why Athleta didn't offer men's clothing. It always seemed like a missed opportunity. This line sounds like their men's version of Athleta.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Guys, IDK about you, but I still go to a lot of beer and music festivals, pub crawls, events like that. In Georgia. In the Summer/Spring. I can't wear a linen or seersucker suit to everything .
    Athleisure has its place.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Martigan View Post
    Guys, IDK about you, but I still go to a lot of beer and music festivals, pub crawls, events like that. In Georgia. In the Summer/Spring. I can't wear a linen or seersucker suit to everything .
    Athleisure has its place.
    I can't bring myself to wear any athleisure in public, however I admit it makes GREAT around the house clothes / pajamas, and own some pieces I wear for those purposes.

For going out casually, lowest I'll go is jeans and a henley.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    I have family that works for Gap so I tend to pick stuff up there occassionally. Recently saw a new brand pop up on their website. Hill City. Squarely int he Athleisure sector. I will be browsing and keeping an eye out for something to try most likely.

http://www.gapinc.com/content/gapinc..._Announce.html
    Well, that derailed quickly...

Please let us know what you think. I'm interested in a couple of things they are offering and would like to know how the quality and fit are.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    From what I've seen, millennials are more serious about fitness than Gen X or Baby Boomers. And considering how they are the biggest generation so far, it makes sense that more clothing companies are focusing on athleisure.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    I'm "stuck" with classic fit. I make sure my chinos and jeans have plenty of rise and leg opening.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    I can't bring myself to wear any athleisure in public, however I admit it makes GREAT around the house clothes / pajamas, and own some pieces I wear for those purposes.

For going out casually, lowest I'll go is jeans and a henley.
    Yeah. I'm not afraid to put on a nice pair of shorts in 90+ degree heat.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo View Post
    I never understood why Athleta didn't offer men's clothing. It always seemed like a missed opportunity.
    To me, athleisure clothing = women leggings. But then again I don't pay attention to what men wear.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    To me, athleisure clothing = women leggings. But then again I don't pay attention to what men wear.
    Athleta is more than just athleisure. To me it's work out clothing. That what this new line looks like. A men's line of technical gear meant for working out and being active. There is a huge market for that as evident by the success of brands like Lululemon. This seems like the Gaps answer to Lululemon. Like I said before, Athleta is one of their only really profitable lines so it only makes sense that they would want to expand into a men's line.

I realize a lot of people will wear stuff from this line casually but a lot will also wear it for it's intended purpose. Not everyone wants to go on hikes or casual bike rides in jeans or chinos. Some people value well fitting work out gear in performance fabrics that actually serve a purpose. Is it really that big of a sin to throw on a decent pair of joggers after a workout to run a quick errand on your way home? I'm just saying, if your at all active, this stuff serves a purpose. You don't have to wear it or even like it. But you don't have to judge other people for showing interest in it.