Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Quoted
    919 Post(s)

New Gap line, Hill City...curios

I have family that works for Gap so I tend to pick stuff up there occassionally. Recently saw a new brand pop up on their website. Hill City. Squarely int he Athleisure sector. I will be browsing and keeping an eye out for something to try most likely.

http://www.gapinc.com/content/gapinc..._Announce.html

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    I'll be staying far away. Athleisure is just a nice way of saying "too lazy to dress like an adult." If you aren't on the way to the gym, in the gym, or on the way home from the gym, then put on some real clothes.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    I'll be staying far away. Athleisure is just a nice way of saying "too lazy to dress like an adult." If you aren't on the way to the gym, in the gym, or on the way home from the gym, then put on some real clothes.
    Heaven forbid people be allowed to just wear what they wanna wear without snooty judgement from people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Athleisure's roots are in the highest of high fashion and it's probably the single most influential clothing trend of this century, regardless of gender. It's not my style, but athleisure makes for some great streetwear looks and no one is trying to position it as a replacement for a suit. Further, athleisure's emphasis on comfort and functionality has trickled down to classic menswear in obvious and significant ways.

Seriously, why do you think Drago, one of Italy's best mills, suddenly decided to develop a super 140s wool that has a natural stretch as well as legitimate water, stain, and wrinkle resistance? You think they had that in their back pocket for 45 years and randomly decided to release it in the wake of the athleisure boom?

You're being wild judgmental over *clothes* and your underlying point is provably, laughably wrong.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    322 Post(s)
    Agree.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Seriously? You realize you're on a website dedicated to men's fashion?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Seriously? You realize you're on a website dedicated to men's fashion?

Yes seriously. This forum is dedicated to fashion and dressing better for one's self, not for deriding other's because they have differing style preferences. Maybe you should stick to MFA if you want to be judgemental.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Considering stopping in to try out their chinos. I've been on the fence about a pair of Lululemon ABC Pants for months, this could be a worthy alternative.

Haters gonna hate, pants are just pants, even if they're not wool trousers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Even athleisure can be elevated. I was checking out Gap a few weeks back, and I saw the name. I spent the first 18 years of my life in a small town named Hill City, so it caught my eye. Let me say the citizens of Hill City are not the target market. Meanwhile nearby, Iron Rangers are wearing Iron Rangers, and Duluthians carry their Duluth Packs, while wearing Duluth Trading Co.

I'm 99.9% my Hill City is not the inspiration for Hill City. I am almost as sure I'll be looking elsewhere.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Guys, wear what you want. I'll continue wearing real clothes in public and gym clothes in the gym. You can't post on a men's fashion forum and not expect people to offer opinions on the clothes you're asking about. That's what this entire forum is for. Sweat pants in public are the oversized JNCO jeans, spiked blonde tips, puka shell necklace of the late 20-teens. It's a passing fad, fast fashion, and the celebrities wearing it today won't touch it in two years. It looks objectively sloppy compared to other styles generally discussed on this website and this forum.