Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do I trust my wife . . . ?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    It may be optics, try a slimmer fitting jacket in a store with some slimmer pants, it might look more symmetrical, that's about the only thing I can think of for why you may think the pants were too slim, I've noticed that happening to myself when I mix suit jackets with odd trousers I have in various fits. (yeah yeah I know that's a bad idea but I own enough suits)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I am in EXACTLY the same situation. Medical problem, weight loss, and I'm 62. I'm enjoying wearing slimmer clothing as I went from a 44 jacket to a 38, and 38 waist to 32. I find that I prefer the Regent fit from BB in suits, and the Clark in casual pants. They are a close enough fit that they don't look baggy. Anything slimmer just isn't comfortable, even if I can pull it off. I'm also more particular about trousers. If they don't drape cleanly from top to bottom, I won't wear them. To get a good drape requires some extra material, and I think the Regent fit nails it for me.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    Sadly I did not but I'll go back over those posts for sure. In a casual rut at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Thanks. That was my photo and clothes for the typical dappered outfit thread--you can find it someplace if you look around. A bunch of us participated. Maybe you did?
    Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MediumTex View Post
    But most importantly, your wife thinks you look great. And that's the audience you should care about the most.
    Yes, indeed. Thank you for the reminder.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paxonus View Post
    I am in EXACTLY the same situation. Medical problem, weight loss, and I'm 62. I'm enjoying wearing slimmer clothing as I went from a 44 jacket to a 38, and 38 waist to 32. I find that I prefer the Regent fit from BB in suits, and the Clark in casual pants. They are a close enough fit that they don't look baggy. Anything slimmer just isn't comfortable, even if I can pull it off. I'm also more particular about trousers. If they don't drape cleanly from top to bottom, I won't wear them. To get a good drape requires some extra material, and I think the Regent fit nails it for me.
    Yes--Regent Fit--my wife LOVES that cut on me (I have one BB suit and it's a Regent Fit) and I think it's kind of snug. But I get compliments every time I wear it.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    Sure slimmer pants like that pair look better in some ways. I don't wear them, though, because:
    1. I don't like my shoes look like an oversized pair of clown shoes.
    2. They're more restrictive

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    Sure slimmer pants like that pair look better in some ways. I don't wear them, though, because:

A bit of stretch is usually built into the fabrics used for slimmer jeans. Restriction is usually not an issue.

I don't like my shoes to look tiny in comparison to my wide billowy dad jeans.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    A bit of stretch is usually built into the fabrics used for slimmer jeans. Restriction is usually not an issue.

I don't like my shoes to look tiny in comparison to my wide billowy dad jeans.

@3piece : What he said.

Also, my big feet are going to look big no matter what, thank you.

And today when I had lunch with my grown daughter, she told me the jeans aren't too tight and when she first saw me, she thought I had lost more weight.

So, I'm good.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)
    My thinking is that pants clinging to your butt isn't a good look for a guy of any age range, but if you're in a good shape, dressing so that they gently skim your body looks good for a man in any age.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Looks good. Hem the pants about an inch or less and you'll be fine.