Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5k GiVeAwAy!!!

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)

5k GiVeAwAy!!!

A’ight y’all, this is my FIVE THOUSANDTH post here on Dappered Threads!

You might be thinking to yourself, “Gee, that’s a lot of posts.”

And you’re right!

To commemorate the occasion I will be giving away a Timex Expedition Scout to one lucky forum-goer.

To enter, all you need to do is be a member with 15+ posts and comment here with the best info or advice you’ve gotten from reading the Threads. I will ship to the US or Canada and will pick randomly from the entries at the end of this week.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Cool idea. Love the generosity. I may hop on the train when I hit 500 posts in 2 years lol.

The best advice I got from this forum is that fit matters more than anything else. A great fitting t-shirt often looks better than an ill-fitting suit (maybe an exageration but it makes the point.)

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    *tfw only one person wants in on your giveaway*

That’s all right tho, just gives @Jrbrownie00 a solid lock on the win.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)
    Maybe it’s not too late to keep this moving?

The best advice I got was very early on, that spending more to get exactly what you wanted/needed would save money and time in the future. I used to bargain shop, so had a lot of items that either didn’t work together, didn’t fit quite right, etc., and I rarely wore many of them. Now I focus on versatile, quality items that fit well, and find I have less clothing, it’s easier to put an outfit together, and I’m less prone to chase trends because I’m satisfied with my wardrobe.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    207 Post(s)
    The best advice I've taken away from my years of reading Dappered has been the emphasis on the importance of fit. Pre-dappered, I had baggy/ill-fitting clothes that I'd been wearing for years. Now I buy things that fit well and stick with them.

On the flip-side, reading the forums resulted in me splurging for an expensive watch, which I never would have even considered in my pre-dappered days. hahah

as a side note, cool idea and congrats on 5K LBD!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Very generous of you @LesserBlackDog and congratulations on the milestone. The best information I have found from reading Threads was to take the time to get familiar with the simple basics. This includes, versatile clothing pieces, shoes, outerwear, and how all this stuff fits one’s body to create a nice put-together look. It was inspiring to realize how all these things can have a significant impact on one’s confidence level and well being.

I also appreciate that the focus is most often on style and fit first instead of brand names and price. I think it affords novices the opportunity to experiment and learn while reducing the chances of making costly mistakes out of ignorance. Also, there seems to be a level of friendliness here that I enjoy which provides a place to come and not take things too seriously.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    523 Post(s)
    Best advice was that somebody told me I was being too critical and mean for a fashion forum. I don't remember who. I've tried to tone it down since then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Being more of a lurker than a frequent poster, I don’t qualify for the giveaway. But I like the idea of it so much that I’ll provide my biggest learning from Dappered — that there’s no need to worry about staying “in fashion” when you stick with classic pieces that fit. I have limited time to think about clothes and shop for them, and this philosophy has helped me tremendously.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)
    Great Idea. I don't need to enter but I'll share; shirt cuff should fit your suit sleeve circumference properly, so I branched out and got french cuffs, and what a difference does it make in presentation, even not doing up barrel cuffs to their tightest makes a visible difference at points. Attention to details

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Last call, wrapping this one up tonight....
    Ben