Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best shoes for business and travel

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post

I agree with you. Just because Daniel Craig did it doesn't make it right. He also wore a Seamaster on a NATO strap with his black suit at the funeral in Spectre. It looked dumb, yet I continuously see people point to that to say NATO + dive is okay with a suit. I don't like chukkas with a suit, and I have never seen anyone in the legal community in any state in which I practice (TX, FL, GA) do that in court, at work, at depositions, or otherwise. If you're doing it with trousers, button up, and coat, go for it. But stick to oxfords with a suit.
    Well, this reminds me now. I know somebody who is a dresser/costumer in the film industry. A very nice young woman. She's about 25 years old. Her hair is dyed bright orange. She has a nose ring. And another piercing through her bottom lip. She mostly wears black and big clunky Doc Martin type boots.

She may know what looks good on a movie screen in regard to dressing people, but I'm not letting her pick out clothing or shoes for me. And her boyfriend dos let her do it for him either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)
    What everyone is saying is some great advice, but your post makes it sound like you are asking for specific shoe recommendations.

Overall, if you want to travel with a lighter shoe that has good durability get some thing Blake stitched. It can still be resoled, but is more flexible and lighter than the equivalent in a good year welt.

Check out Ace Marks or Shoe Passion for some great Blake stitched options.

From a style standpoint. I love the look and feel of monkstaps. They function almost like a slip on but they can be styled up or down. Also, the ability to make a comparison to kids Velcro shoes for adults makes them a great choice.

Zac

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zac10sim View Post
    What everyone is saying is some great advice, but your post makes it sound like you are asking for specific shoe recommendations.

Overall, if you want to travel with a lighter shoe that has good durability get some thing Blake stitched. It can still be resoled, but is more flexible and lighter than the equivalent in a good year welt.

Check out Ace Marks or Shoe Passion for some great Blake stitched options.

From a style standpoint. I love the look and feel of monkstaps. They function almost like a slip on but they can be styled up or down. Also, the ability to make a comparison to kids Velcro shoes for adults makes them a great choice.

Zac
    Another vote for monk straps.

If you go for blake stitched, a lot of people like Paul Evans, and if you get on their mailing list, they will send you codes for 40 to 50 percent off on a regular basis.

https://www.paulevansny.com/collections/monk-straps