Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1065 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Oh man. In my line of work, we get vendors dropping off TONS of sweets come Christmas time. Then the outlaws start coming by with sweets, Christmas baking...The sweets never end!

I took the summer off from any serious weight loss. I was exercising like crazy and I could pretty much eat what I wanted. Now that winter is on the way (damn you old man winter) my level of activity will drop a bit. So my need to get rid of the sugars and the booze. Both are pretty bad health wise. And once January hits, I'll be dry for January. Heck, I may even leg it out until April like I did this year!
    Joe Rogan (love him or hate him) does a Sober October. Maybe we could get a Dappered group to do it? My wife and I are trying. Tough part for me is we are doing the Ragnar Bourbon Chase race in October and will be at a ton of distilleries....

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    I'm in for a sober october challenge.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)
    It's kind of crazy how immediate the effects of drinking are. If you stop for a month and then have 2-4 beers one night, you feel the effects right away and you can see them quickly too. Doesn't stop me from enjoy beer/wine/etc., but it is...sobering...to see the changes on your face/body.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Well I'm travelling for the week. That means out with work colleagues after work. And trying to fit in/team comradery has also meant drinking each night. So much for my 'no mid week beer' plan. Oh, and there's been no physical activity too. This has not been a good week.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    482 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paintflinger View Post
    It's kind of crazy how immediate the effects of drinking are. If you stop for a month and then have 2-4 beers one night, you feel the effects right away and you can see them quickly too. Doesn't stop me from enjoy beer/wine/etc., but it is...sobering...to see the changes on your face/body.
    Usually due to the dehydration. 2 beers even if taking time off shouldn’t have a drastic effect on anyone.

I try to not drink M-F and then weekends have some. Hard to not drink during October cuz it’s one of the best beer months. Fall beers, Oktoberfest, Marzens, pumpkin etc.

Kudos to you that do it. Best of luck. I need to get back on macro tracking. Injured ankle then injured wrist means a significant lack of training. Ugh.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    Started using LoseIt! app. Just the free version. They email you like CRAZY trying to get you to upgrade, and of course all the prompts in-app for same. But the basic freeware version is pretty nice, has a barcode scanner, and provided you're not in airplane mode you can actively search for individual things. It does have macro tracking as well, within the free version.

I'm sure it's collecting all sorts of data about me but frankly at this stage IDGAF. I just want an ab to show up before I head to Vegas/Belgium next year. :P

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    Steppe on the scale this morning and I'm at 175.6lbs. Not liking that. Would like to get down closer to the 170 mark. But after a week of business travel where I was a) eating terrible food b) not exercising and c) drinking more than usual, I guess this weight is to be expected.

Back on the program.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    445 Post(s)
    I learned some very valuable information today.

The scales at the gym on base are in fact NOT calibrated properly.

I definitely do not weigh 152 pounds.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    230 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1065 Post(s)
    I am back up to maybe 182? I am on a taper week for a 50K race this weekend and am eating everything in sight.

Mentioned
    212 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1435 Post(s)
    I'm chunking up again. 175lbs. Need to start cutting sugar out of my diet again. Especially since I'm not working out/as active as I was back when summer was here.