Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Mentioned
    438 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2144 Post(s)
    Expect delays. My 3 kettlebells all shipped separately, but with one shipping notification from Rogue. One shipped immediately, one shipped after a brief delay, the third was in "awaiting receipt of item" mode until today (phew, it finally actually shipped). Don't trust the expected arrival dates until UPS actually has the item en-route.
    Ben

3617 Hanover Street, Garden City, New York(NY)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We live in an information overloaded society. There has not been a moment in history when information has been this available, right at our fingertips. By typing one simple phrase, we now get hundreds, thousands, sometimes even millions of answers to our most desired questions. And now it seems, because of the abundance of information available to us, that a lot of us are confused.
    Just a thought:
    1. Eat REAL Food.
    2. Live Life Actively.
    3. Get outside.
    4. Constantly strive to improve in order to see change.
    5. Get some sleep.
    6. Practice Active Recovery .
    7. Use Natural Movements.

By just living with these 7 rules in mind, you’re sure to become a healthier, happier and more fulfilling life.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Same had a friend that had it. I know you pay a premium for the Bowflex marketing and name but I have gotten more value out of it then the treadmill it replaced. I prefer a stair climber. Wife likes elliptical ... so this fit the bill and it doesn't take up that much space.

This is my first time ordering from Rogue so there site is a little confusing for me. Apparently they broke down our order (rack, barbells, weight and bench) into 15 different orders. 2 have shipped. 12 are in prepared and 1 in process. Seems the one in process is the bench and my bar ... but heck I'll lift with my wife's women's pink bar. I just need to lift.

The 14/15 say March 31st delivery. But I only have tracking numbers of the 2 shipped but say they are 1 of 14. I am confused,
    My Rogue experiences are pretty similar

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Expect delays. My 3 kettlebells all shipped separately, but with one shipping notification from Rogue. One shipped immediately, one shipped after a brief delay, the third was in "awaiting receipt of item" mode until today (phew, it finally actually shipped). Don't trust the expected arrival dates until UPS actually has the item en-route.
    Thanks to you and @JohnR. It did update. 4/1 and enroute for most of the stuff. But the cross members to install the rack and the weights

So I'll have 90% of the rack, my wife's bar, and not be able to install. Oh well. Hope it updates today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    I've been lucky, I guess. With our gyms closing, the owner offered to loan out equipment in the interim, so I was able to take home enough equipment to still get more than just bodyweight workouts in. The gym owner is still writing programming daily, and posting videos demoing the movements too... so it's a slightly scaled version of being in the gym.

We did a Zoom workout on Saturday too... which was a bit strange, but may be the new normal for a while, unfortunately, if anyone wants to do "group" workouts.

We've also been creating small, 1 minute challenges and tossing them around on social media. First one was 15 burpees + 15 pushups in 1 min. or less. Second was 25 air squats playing an instrument in 1 min. (started by a music teacher). Then it was max effort burpees in 1 min.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Quoted
    549 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J2K66 View Post
    I've been lucky, I guess. With our gyms closing, the owner offered to loan out equipment in the interim, so I was able to take home enough equipment to still get more than just bodyweight workouts in. The gym owner is still writing programming daily, and posting videos demoing the movements too... so it's a slightly scaled version of being in the gym.

We did a Zoom workout on Saturday too... which was a bit strange, but may be the new normal for a while, unfortunately, if anyone wants to do "group" workouts.

We've also been creating small, 1 minute challenges and tossing them around on social media. First one was 15 burpees + 15 pushups in 1 min. or less. Second was 25 air squats playing an instrument in 1 min. (started by a music teacher). Then it was max effort burpees in 1 min.
    I'm assuming a CrossFit type gym? Are you still paying dues? That is a good approach by them to continue and build a good relationship with clients. I attend a Onelife, so there are so many members there is no way they could loan equipment. They did "freeze" everyone's account though, so not being billed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    I'm assuming a CrossFit type gym? Are you still paying dues? That is a good approach by them to continue and build a good relationship with clients. I attend a Onelife, so there are so many members there is no way they could loan equipment. They did "freeze" everyone's account though, so not being billed.
    Yes, it's a CrossFit box. Part of the deal with loaning equipment was to continue paying for membership, yes. It's a smaller community of, I'm guessing here, about 130-150 members. That's much more manageable than a larger gym for sure. Nobody wants to see them go completely out of business, so many members are doing all they can to help during these times. Many members have, or will, be losing their jobs in the near future too... so that will muddy the waters even further. I discounted CrossFit for many years, but stepped into this box about 15 months ago and have been there 4-6 days/week since.

Right now, am I getting full "value" from my membership? maybe not, but if we can help the owner and coaches stay in business, then it will be worth it when things settle back down. It helps that it's about 3 miles from my house, and 1.5 miles from the office too

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    The CF gym I was at before I moved my workouts to home in December, is doing the same. It's really cool and I hope people are able to continue. Things are about to get pretty rough for folks and the unemployment check won't cover a CF membership, so I think it'll be nearly impossible for many of them and other gyms to stay afloat. Some will qualify for CARES help and might make it if this sequestering business is over soon. Most, though, are posting bodyweight WOD's on Instagram so everyone can still keep it going from home, if they're inclined. I'll still jump in on some of their challenges - 3 min max burpees and such - just to have fun and keep them engaged.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    198.8 lbs this morning. Killing the quarantine game. Fingers crossed i can get some abs by May.