Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I don't know how y'all eat protein powder in oatmeal. It never tastes good and the texture is almost sawdust like.
    AGREED. I have tried it every which way and can't get it to taste good to me. Mixed with water/milk before adding to protein, adding while cooking, etc. It always messes with the texture and taste. Love them separately though.

I like seeing y'all's meal plans/ideas though. Mine tends to be similar:

Breakfast: Three eggs
    Snack: Fage 0% greek yogurt with frozen or fresh berries
    Lunch: Some kind of salad/bowl. This week it's broccoli, edamame, sweet potato, chicken, and yogurt/lime/cilantro sauce
    Snack: shake (chocolate protein powder & plain soy milk)
    Dinner: varies - chicken and farro this week
    Dessert/treat: spoonful of PB, cold IPA, etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Without the protein powder is when oatmeal tastes like crap for me. So i guess to each his own in that department!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1033 Post(s)
    Weighed in at 181lbs this morning. Was down to 176 after a run this weekend due to sweat. Crazy how much weight you can lose from sweat so quickly.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    171 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1069 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I don't know how y'all eat protein powder in oatmeal. It never tastes good and the texture is almost sawdust like.
    really depends on your powder and your mix. and to some extent, your oatmeal. I have had all kinds of results trying it

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    458 Post(s)
    Has anyone here done a health dna test like:
    https://www.dnafit.com/us/ I’m trying to learn more about them and it seems an intriguing approach to figuring out what works best for you.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2050 Post(s)
    No, I tried to do one of those DNA tests that does both heritage and health risk factors (I want to say 23 and Me?) and they told me my samples could not be analyzed (probably I produce too much saliva so the DNA content is diluted).
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    458 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    No, I tried to do one of those DNA tests that does both heritage and health risk factors (I want to say 23 and Me?) and they told me my samples could not be analyzed (probably I produce too much saliva so the DNA content is diluted).
    Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Did you get your money back since they couldn’t detect?

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2050 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I appreciate it. Did you get your money back since they couldn’t detect?
    After taking my second sample and deciding they could not analyze it either, they refunded me but also made me sign a thing stating I would never attempt to use their service again. The implication that I was somehow wasting their time and resources by trying to get the DNA analysis I’d paid for was fairly offensive and left a bad taste in my mouth.
    Ben

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1376 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Has anyone here done a health dna test like:
    https://www.dnafit.com/us/ I’m trying to learn more about them and it seems an intriguing approach to figuring out what works best for you.
    Negative. After seeing/reading how all of those companies are just handing DNA over to the police and other 'big data' type agencies, I'll keep my DNA to myself thank you.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1033 Post(s)
    So I was 179lbs this morning which is quite low for me but I have been sick this week. Haven't figured out the cause yet.

As for DNA kits, they are germline tests so anything not related to a germline mutation will not show up. These tests will not help detect most cancers, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, alzheimer's (helpful if gives APOE status), and will not really help with nutrition and exercise either. If you need help with that last part, send me $50 and your food tracker for the last 30 days and I will tell you where you are going wrong.