Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quoted
    521 Post(s)
    Okay, I'm at 197.5 today (Monday)--which is freaking odd, because yesterday morning I was at 192.6, and I monitored my calories and ate only about 2,200 yesterday, which is a maintenance amount for me (also ran 4 miles on Saturday and walked 2.5 yesterday).

My goal is 185 and I've been working on it for about four years now, when I had a heart attack and was at about 217.

The ugly part of this is that we're going to New Orleans in two weeks. I gained 7 pounds in 4 days last time I was there. I don't know how I'm going to avoid that.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    So after a long and crazy weekend of mexican food on vacation i'm getting started. 225 this morning and starting cross fit up again this afternoon. Shooting for 2200 calorie max per day.

Okay, I'm at 197.5 today (Monday)--which is freaking odd, because yesterday morning I was at 192.6, and I monitored my calories and ate only about 2,200 yesterday, which is a maintenance amount for me (also ran 4 miles on Saturday and walked 2.5 yesterday).
    It's likely just water weight or scale placement - My wife's practice focuses primarily on working with anorexics and they tend to pump water before their check ins and can load about 5-7 lbs. Gets to the point she has to assign nurses to watch the kids eat and go to the bathroom and ration their water.
    Last edited by Bobbumman; October 22nd, 2018 at 01:57 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    If I could suggest one thing to all of you looking to lose weight, try intermitent fasting. It changed my life. Formerly 225 5'7", currently 169. Figured out IF around 185 and it shrunk me to 175 pretty quick.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    Travel day today. I hate it when works gets in the way of life. Will post tomorrow. Cheers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
    If I could suggest one thing to all of you looking to lose weight, try intermitent fasting. It changed my life. Formerly 225 5'7", currently 169. Figured out IF around 185 and it shrunk me to 175 pretty quick.
    I tried IF in the springtime after hearing so many good things and it actually fit my schedule fairly easily. I don't know that I noticed any of the weight loss or increased energy benefits others talk about. I'd love to hear any suggestions and would be open to trying it again.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Weighed myself this morning. 154.4. Shooting for 140-145. (Yeah, I know that sounds tiny, but I am pretty light-boned.)
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurps View Post
    I tried IF in the springtime after hearing so many good things and it actually fit my schedule fairly easily. I don't know that I noticed any of the weight loss or increased energy benefits others talk about. I'd love to hear any suggestions and would be open to trying it again.
    I don't know that I ever got the mental clarity or energy benefits either but one thing I do like is you typically have to worry less about food because you have less time in the day to eat it. Right now I'm doing 18/6, not counting calories or macros (being mindful but not actually tracking) with no exercise and maintaining my weight.

I have no evidence that it works other than the results I experienced when I first tried it. I was being very health concious and working my a** off at the gym at the time but I had been doing that already and hit a plateau. Once I started IF the weight started coming off again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quoted
    363 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrbrownie00 View Post
    I don't know that I ever got the mental clarity or energy benefits either but one thing I do like is you typically have to worry less about food because you have less time in the day to eat it. Right now I'm doing 18/6, not counting calories or macros (being mindful but not actually tracking) with no exercise and maintaining my weight.

I have no evidence that it works other than the results I experienced when I first tried it. I was being very health concious and working my a** off at the gym at the time but I had been doing that already and hit a plateau. Once I started IF the weight started coming off again.
    Do be careful of the no exercise thing. There's a thing called "skinny fat" and that's unhealthy, too. Y'all might've seen in the news recently that no exercise may be worse for you than smoking and other vices.

Here's the direct link to the study:
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2707428

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    189 lbs this morning. After two weeks of travel EVERYTHING is fitting tight. Not happy about that.

Would like to get down to 175. I need to start putting my meals in to My Fitness Pal and cut down on the beer drinking.

Let's do this!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1048 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    Do be careful of the no exercise thing. There's a thing called "skinny fat" and that's unhealthy, too. Y'all might've seen in the news recently that no exercise may be worse for you than smoking and other vices.

Here's the direct link to the study:
    https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2707428
    The top 3 things you can do to improve health outcomes in general:
    1. Don't smoke.
    2. Exercise involving weights and cardio.
    3. Eat right.

Cover these 3 things and you protect yourself from the top 3 causes of deaths these days.