Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)
    Managed to miracle another Tough Mudder completion out of my hiney; full thread is up with photos from the trip.

https://threads.dappered.com/showthr...p-photo-thread

Also a standing invite if anyone would care to join us next year (November, most likely--in 2020) in Atlanta for the classic event there (8-10 miles, 25 obstacles). Challenge gauntlet dropped--you have over a year to train. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU CAN DO THIS. And I'm putting it out there right now that I'll make it my mission to get you through the course no matter what. TIME IS OF NO CONSEQUENCE. We focus on finishing, and finishing TOGETHER. If it takes all day it takes all day--we got nowhere else to be.

Who's in?

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    Weighed myself yesterday morning before work. 174.6lbs. Weight seems to be trending in the right direction, but I know once I cut back on the amount of cycling I'm doing my weight will start to inch up again. But for now, 174.6 is good.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    416 Post(s)
    started the calorie cutback to hopefully get an ab to show before the end of summer (seriously....just one is fine).

it's....frustrating. but eventually will be worth it. especially with two massive music festivals next year.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    I've been incorporating some 24hr fasts into my life the past month. I would like to say, Friday's (Thursday dinner - Friday dinner) is a fasting period but life has other options for me. I shouldn't even call this a fast, more like caloric restriction but it has helped my impulsive eating when somewhere stressed at work.

I haven't weighed myself in a while but feel pretty good. My running endurance has improved. Speaking of which...I need to join the waitlist for a race.

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    I am weighing myself more and more. Today's apres breakie weight: 173.8 lbs. I'm good with that. I seem to have hit a good point between the cardio work I'm doing, the food I'm consuming, and daily activity. The really challenge will be maintaining this once winter hits.

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    Woohoo! Hit my goal wait of 170!!! I've been hovering around the 170 ~ 172lbs mark lately, but I seem to be stabilizing. Hope you guys are hitting your goals too. Cheers.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Congrats @DocDave ! I got into the 50K I was waitlisted for so my running will increase over the next couple of months as well as terrain. I will be focusing more on trails than roads so it will be a nice change. 5 years since I ran a 50K...goal is to beat my last time, slightly different course, but have learned quite a bit since last time.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Congrats @DocDave! Glad to see folks seem to be doing well.

Been quite a while since I checked in. In the past six weeks, I've made a cross-country move and started a new job. I was sure that a road trip with lots of BBQ and beer, along with stress eating being in a new city, would hold me back, but I came in at 165 today! That's 8.5 down from when I left my gym back in VA, and down 30(!) from the end of January.

Things that are helping: my new bike commute is 7.5 miles one-way, so that gives me ~75 miles/week. I've done some mountain biking and big hikes on weekends too. I am also not coordinating meal plans with my SO, so it's been a little easier to keep protein up and carbs down.

Here's the thing: I am not quite sure where to stop. I had told myself 160-165 would be a good range, but arriving here... I assumed I would look better than I do! Not super close to defined abs or anything. On the other hand, I fit nicely into 32/30 pants and slim fit mediums again, and feel fit enough to tackle a long ride or high elevation hike. Putting more into purely aesthetic goals feels kind of vain, especially if it's just for me and my mirror to appreciate. How do others handle this?

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    Thanks @elpenguinologo Feels good. Actually stepped on a scale last night and I was 169.4

Nothing fits anymore. I had to buy a new bathing suit, and to get the free shipping I threw in a pair of light weight chinos. So at least now I'll have one pair of pants that fit.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Still hovering in the 200-205 lb range. I will probably remain her for the short to mid-term future. I started my novice lifter program and have been putting on some muscle, so I am pretty happy.