Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Thanks guys...He says as he looks at the carnage of an empty bag of chocolate chips beside himself...

(at least it wasn't full when I started)
    We all have those moments. Just shake it off and move on.

Hope you enjoyed the chips

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    One thing about dropping the 10lbs from where I started is that now, none of my pants fit. I have to tighten up my belt to such a point that I have bunching around the waist.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Stepped on the scale this morning and was 186lbs. More than I would have guessed but not worried about it. Maybe it is more muscle since I have been focusing on body weight exercises? Shrug.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    One thing about dropping the 10lbs from where I started is that now, none of my pants fit. I have to tighten up my belt to such a point that I have bunching around the waist.
    Iím having same issue. Itís an... unfamiliar problem for me. But, also worrisome because I started investing in my wardrobe when I was near my heaviest and I canít afford to replace much. Like, I have a handful of Bonobos chinos and various raw denim that are all starting to look a little ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    I hear ya @JayS. For now I'm just living with the bunching. If I can keep the weight off during the winter months - when my activity tends to slow and the beef tends to add up - then I'll look to downsize my clothing.

Stepped on the scale this morning. 181.4lbs. I'm ok with that. I was at a wedding this weekend and hit it pretty hard. The really challenge will be eating healthy while I'm on the road for a week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm having the opposite problem. I had my weight fixed at 185-190 for years and so I pulled the trigger and had a bunch of items that I love brought in. A while later I had a kid. Now I'm back up past 205 and nothing fits me anymore. I decided to pick up just some bare essentials in bigger sizes and I'm trying to be very budget about it (Target and Amazon Goodthreads), but it is a real drain looking at my closet full of great items that I can't touch.

Baby is 6 months now so we are getting to somewhat return to our normal lives. Time to train again and get back to myself.

My advice is to take it a bit easy when brining the clothes in. Maybe not all of them at once and not all the way in to start.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    My best problem was going from 40W to 34W and from XL-2XL to Medium. I couldn't have been happier to spend money on clothing.

I had to buy some in-between clothes which were rendered useless very fast but I was budget conscious (Old Navy, Amazon). The benefits far outweigh the cost.

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    @zoctor I've heard that having kids can be killer on the health front. Glad to hear you're starting to get back in to it again.

@calexako that's awesome weight loss! Congrats!!! I'd be proud/happy of that too.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    I've become the very example of slow and steady - still hovering a few ounces north of 200 lbs, but my weight loss trend over the first 4.5 months of the year is -1 lb, -0.5 lb, -1.8 lb, -1.8 lb, and -1 lb. Just recently started training for my first century coming up in August, so I fully expect that, with even passable diet, I should be able to keep or accelerate that trend. If I can maintain/improve my current FTP and drop 10 lbs, I might actually be reasonably fast.

Friday AM edit: Today, the scale reported a number that started with a 1 for the first time in over 3 years. After bring perpetually stuck at 205, it feels good to be sub-200. Even if I probably exceeded 200 again having a few sips of coffee.
    Last edited by Weathered; May 17th, 2019 at 11:49 AM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Weathered View Post
    I've become the very example of slow and steady - still hovering a few ounces north of 200 lbs, but my weight loss trend over the first 4.5 months of the year is -1 lb, -0.5 lb, -1.8 lb, -1.8 lb, and -1 lb. Just recently started training for my first century coming up in August, so I fully expect that, with even passable diet, I should be able to keep or accelerate that trend. If I can maintain/improve my current FTP and drop 10 lbs, I might actually be reasonably fast.

Friday AM edit: Today, the scale reported a number that started with a 1 for the first time in over 3 years. After bring perpetually stuck at 205, it feels good to be sub-200. Even if I probably exceeded 200 again having a few sips of coffee.

As they say, slow and steady wins the race.

Great job.

Good luck on your first century. I know when I completed my first, it gave me an amazing sense of accomplishment. Have fun with it.