Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Weight gain of roughly 4-5 lbs this month, but a net loss of 1% body fat so i gained muscle and lost fat.

204/205 lbs now and 16.7% bf.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calexako View Post
    Weight gain of roughly 4-5 lbs this month, but a net loss of 1% body fat so i gained muscle and lost fat.

204/205 lbs now and 16.7% bf.
    Great job.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Sounds like folks are setting good goals and making solid progress! I am down one more pound this week, to 175.

Weekends continue to be my nemesis. I am really good at tracking food throughout the week, which allows me to hit my calories while still having dessert, alcohol, etc. On the weekend though, when I do takeout or have something with friends, I will eat a big meal or have a few drinks and decide it's too tough to track and kind of give up. This kills much of my deficit for the week.

This weekend I am trying to eat really light and track throughout the day prior to socializing, and pay more attention to when I feel full/gross when I am out.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    A week of a) being on the road and b) eating crap food combined with c) drinking more beer than I have been recently means d) I gained a bit of weight so now I'm e) weighing in at 183 lbs.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)
    I was away for a week and gained weight and then when I got back I spent that week losing the weight I gained.

So two weeks later I am down to 169.2 for a whopping weight loss over two weeks of 0.2 lbs.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    I'm up. Way up. 184.5 lbs. I had a bad week of ZERO exercise and LOADS of calorie intake. The next two weeks are not looking much better either. I am worried.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2061 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    I'm up. Way up. 184.5 lbs. I had a bad week of ZERO exercise and LOADS of calorie intake. The next two weeks are not looking much better either. I am worried.
    Don’t sweat it - “relapse” is a normal part of progress. Just try to make the best choices you can every day and don’t let the disappointment of a setback get to you too much.
    Ben

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    You can control calorie intake so control it as much as possible.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1401 Post(s)
    Thanks guys...He says as he looks at the carnage of an empty bag of chocolate chips beside himself...

(at least it wasn't full when I started)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Don’t sweat it - “relapse” is a normal part of progress. Just try to make the best choices you can every day and don’t let the disappointment of a setback get to you too much.
    Indeed! Progress is rarely linear. Mine certainly hasn't been. Last week I hit 173.5, which put my loss at 20lbs overall. This has been a mixed week food-wise for me so I'm sure I would be up if I could bring myself to hop on the scale. In academia, the end-of-semester crunch always gets me, though I haven't gone quite as much off the rails as I often do. And PR'ed squat this week, so there's that too!

The downside of hitting this milestone is that seeing where I'm at now leaves me pretty convinced I would like to end up in the low 160s. That seems reasonable at 5'9".