Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1523 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a been a brutal holiday for me regarding food and drink. Jan 1. New year, new body.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    Hasn't been bumped since before the New Year. After a recent blood panel, my LDL is still in questionable territory and while not weight related, it was concerning. I've decided to cut out as much sugar as I can since it is an inflammation marker and has potential to raise LDL.

Other than that my weight has been great and I started a weight routine. After all of this going to the gym talk...I have finally made a commitment.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    After all of this going to the gym talk...I have finally made a commitment.
    NICE!

Wanna do Tough Mudder in September? We're coming to Nash for it. Maybe we can get Adam to join us too.

I got in trubble yesterday for my own new (gotta change it up a bit) workout routine taking a lot longer than anticipated (doesn't help every army unit within 15 miles was inside...can't wait till it's nicer out). Splitting it into 2-a-days MWF and T/Th will be my usual 45 minutes on the recumbent, keeps me between 400 and 500 calories schlepped on my rest days.
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armedferret View Post
    NICE!

Wanna do Tough Mudder in September? We're coming to Nash for it. Maybe we can get Adam to join us too.

I got in trubble yesterday for my own new (gotta change it up a bit) workout routine taking a lot longer than anticipated (doesn't help every army unit within 15 miles was inside...can't wait till it's nicer out). Splitting it into 2-a-days MWF and T/Th will be my usual 45 minutes on the recumbent, keeps me between 400 and 500 calories schlepped on my rest days.
    Debating on what I want to do this year. Need to sign up for something for the extra motivation otherwise my 35 miles a week are for naught.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    I'm down 11 pounds since January 6th, and my numbers in the gym haven't stalled yet, so definitely putting on muscle (PPL six days per week). I'm doing a Ruck on March 14th with a group from my gym, so I've been walking each night with a 40 pound vest to get acclimated. Never done one, so we'll see how it goes. After the Ruck, I may do the Savage Race in April, but not sure if my body will have burned out by then.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    NICE!

Currently looking at doing the 'Barkley Fall Classic,' a 50K on the Barkley Marathons course. Just need to push the enter button....

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    127 Post(s)
    Currently looking at doing the 'Barkley Fall Classic,' a 50K on the Barkley Marathons course. Just need to push the enter button....
    You sir, are insane.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quoted
    583 Post(s)
    FIFTY?

*hides*
    https://www.professorhorseyhead.com

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    50k? What are you running from?
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1107 Post(s)
    FIFTY?

*hides*
    Quote Originally Posted by APinNC View Post
    50k? What are you running from?
    Sometimes the suffering is good but I try to limit in. While I do not think running 50K is healthy and could actually be unhealthy, the challenge is always something to aim for.

Signed up and on a waitlist...from what I can tell, there are refund periods so right around those dates, a lot of people drop and the wailisters have a shot. So I will be training for something I may not get into...may need a backup.