Page 39 of 43 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    I'm sticking around the 170 - 173 range right now. Hopefully I'm able to maintain that weight throughout the summer too.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Just got back from vacation which was pretty meat heavy with little vegetables. Got out on a trail run today for 12 miles and felt really strong so I am ok with whatever weight I am at.

Current issue has only affected my weights routine which is a weirdly sore rotator cuff on my non-dominant shoulder. It started after side sleeping and was exacerbated over vacation to the point where picking up my kids was tough. Going to do some PT work on it and see what happens.

Mentioned
    210 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1380 Post(s)
    Today's diet. A BIG bacon sandwich. Many handfuls of trail mix, some wine gums, and a bottle of root beer. All I have to say is the bike ride after work tonight better be a full on workout!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    I am thinking we need a lunches thread @DocDave . I'd love to see what others are eating. Lately mine has been a quinoa bowl at work. Make some quinoa then chill, add some olive oil and lemon juice or balsamic, load it up with raw veggies, add some protein. I tend to enjoy chicken with mine but am open for other options.

It is delicious and keeps me satisfied for a while.

I laugh when some people on diets say they have a salad then when you see the salad it doesn't look diet friendly. Loaded up with dressing and way more added calories than needed.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I am thinking we need a lunches thread @DocDave . I'd love to see what others are eating.
    My post would be extremely boring. Everyday, it's the same.
    Breakfast: Eggs, Cottage cheese with diced tomatoes and pepper
    Midmorning Snack: Cheese or nuts, an apple, and a protein shake
    Lunch: Beef or chicken and rice, a few carrots
    Midday snack: Beef or chicken and rice, a few carrots
    Dinner: Different low carb meals made by the wifey.

Boring, but that's what it takes.
    We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.” ― Charles Bukowski

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by APinNC View Post
    My post would be extremely boring. Everyday, it's the same.
    Breakfast: Eggs, Cottage cheese with diced tomatoes and pepper
    Midmorning Snack: Cheese or nuts, an apple, and a protein shake
    Lunch: Beef or chicken and rice, a few carrots
    Midday snack: Beef or chicken and rice, a few carrots
    Dinner: Different low carb meals made by the wifey.

Boring, but that's what it takes.
    I'm sure some people live a little on this board. Like you, breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same while dinner is a mixed bag.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    I'm sure some people live a little on this board. Like you, breakfast and lunch are pretty much the same while dinner is a mixed bag.
    Oh, for sure. Dinners are killer. Tonight's is green chili chicken enchiladas, and NorCal Margaritas.

Mentioned
    426 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2051 Post(s)
    My meal planning is all over the map... sometimes I am very consistent, sometimes not.

Breakfast is usually a protein shake (i.e. just protein powder in water). Sometimes with a piece of PB toast or a banana if I've worked out in the morning.
    Lunch varies but is usually a turkey or ham sandwich with a piece of fruit. If I don't bring lunch to work I try to get something reasonably healthy with protein and veggies like a bowl from Chipotle or sushi. Today I was home for lunch and made a chocolate blueberry banana protein smoothie (two scoops chocolate protein powder, a banana, a cup of frozen blueberries, a handful of ice, a cup of milk).
    Dinner varies widely. Recently I like to have a baked sweet potato with a little sour cream and brown sugar, roast some veggies like broccoli or carrots, and chicken or a small steak. Sometimes I just get a thin crust pizza with BBQ chicken or spinach and veggies. Sometimes I am REALLY lazy and just make PB toast or oatmeal or something. Sometimes I slip off the rails and have a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

I don't really snack much between meals other than maybe an apple or banana.
    Ben

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Breakfast 6:00 am today was Steel cut Oats with unsweetened almond milk, one small bit of chocolate for flavor, chocolate protein powder and organic peanut butter. Really keeps me going easily until noon.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1035 Post(s)
    I don't know how y'all eat protein powder in oatmeal. It never tastes good and the texture is almost sawdust like.