Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1095 Post(s)
    Checked weight before my run last night and it was 185.5 which was after dinner so I am likely less than that in the morning.

I have taken a stronger stance, as it seems others have as well, to only have 1 drink an evening when I do partake. Sleep has improved dramatically, which is should based on alcohols affect on REM sleep, and I generally feel better.

Looking at possibly running the same 50K that got me into trail running 4-5 years ago. Wonderful course but finding time to up the mileage is something I need to think about.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1516 Post(s)
    177.0 this morning. Weight seems to be holding steady, which I'm happy about.

@Alex.C Yeah booze is bad. I listened to a really interesting podcast about alcohol and I was amazed at all of the bad effects. Cancer causing, etc. I am glad that I've cut my drinking way back. That's not say I don't still drink a beer on weekends. But the volume and frequency I drink I am really in tune to now. I think I'm better for it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    124 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    177.0 this morning. Weight seems to be holding steady, which I'm happy about.

@Alex.C Yeah booze is bad. I listened to a really interesting podcast about alcohol and I was amazed at all of the bad effects. Cancer causing, etc. I am glad that I've cut my drinking way back. That's not say I don't still drink a beer on weekends. But the volume and frequency I drink I am really in tune to now. I think I'm better for it.
    That's great! Just being mindful of what/why/when you drink is half the battle to responsible/healthy use. As Annie Grace of This Naked Mind/Alcohol Experiment fame says: "Any reduction in your alcohol use is beneficial." We live in a world that's chock full of carcinogens, and other nastiness. Reducing exposure is just smart if you hope to enjoy good health and long life.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)
    On the pants cinching convo, I lost about 20-25lbs last year and have kept it off for the most part (little bit of yo-yo but not major) and went through the pants not fitting issue. My suggestion is to cinch for as long as you can if you are still trying to lose weight, because what you don't want is to buy new pants now then lost another 8lbs and realize you are still a size or two too large. Once you are close to goal weight you can start to seek out deals and new sizing attempts.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1095 Post(s)
    Less scale and more how I look at myself in the mirror. I have noticed my body looking more toned in the past month. I honestly can't think of why because I feel like it was a rough month eating-wise but I looked at myself this morning with a surprised "huh".

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1516 Post(s)
    Yesterday I went on a massive bike ride. 120k. In the heat. I sucked back the liquids like they were going outta style. When I arrived home I stood on the scale and I was a whopping 170.4lbs!

Not very realistic, but sure felt good to see that number. This morning I hopped on the scale and came in at 176.4lbs. That seems a bit more realistic. Oh well, it was nice to see 170 on the scale if only for a little while.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1516 Post(s)
    Holding steady at 176.6 lbs. Now I just need a push to get those next 5 lbs off.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1095 Post(s)
    Around 184 this morning. Still feeling pretty good.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1516 Post(s)
    175.6lbs this morning. Still going strong. Those last five lbs though are killing me!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1516 Post(s)
    176.4. Still holding under the 180lbs mark. I'm happy with that.