Page 23 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: Dappered Weight Loss Club Anyone?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calexako View Post
    I know. But unfortunately I am lactose intolerant, especially towards milk, and protein with almond or water is just bleh!
    @calexako try unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk. I've found that to be the closest to milk without too much of an almond taste. And in a shake (with vanilla protein powder and fruit) you can't even tell.

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Tbh I usually have my protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard) in plain water and it tastes fine. I get the chocolate flavor and usually add a pinch of salt and cinnamon to make it taste a bit less bland.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    92 Post(s)
    I see a shake as fuel and a means to hit macros, not as food to enjoy. There are enough other meals during the day to cook and enjoy. So I don’t really take my time with the shake, I put it down pretty quick, so the taste has never been an issue.

As mentioned above, I also sometimes use almond milk (unsweetened) and if not, just plain water. I also add some salt when I take mine, i also add a little salt to my first liter of water for the day.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Tbh I usually have my protein powder (Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard) in plain water and it tastes fine. I get the chocolate flavor and usually add a pinch of salt and cinnamon to make it taste a bit less bland.
    Yeah, I drink the same stuff, and I think the chocolate is delicious just with water. I'll have to try adding a little salt and cinnamon!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1465 Post(s)
    I did a weigh in this morning and came in at 185lbs. Not bad considering for the past three days I've had bacon sandwiches for lunch...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    After weeks of stalling out at 205, I'm now down to 204. But on the bright side, my mile time is nearly 30 seconds faster and I feel like I'm looking better, so all-in-all not bad.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)
    Been a while since I checked in here. I think i was around 222-225. I've since lapsed and returned, up to 226 after my move and now back down into 220.

I've started tracking my calories again, rejoined a gym and i'm making a point to go walking at least 3 times a week (usually do more but realistic goals mean i don't get frustrated when i don't achieve).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    199.5 again. Hopefully my fat measurements will show improvement too. Fingers crossed.

Cleaned up my diet a lot. A lot of meat and brown rice and greens. Yogurt and plant based protein.

The quest for 190g of protein per day continues. Its more difficult than expected!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Well, I guess I will continue posting my updates:
    197.8 this weekend and i found out I dropped 2% BF to get to roughly 18%. Onwards to washboard abs, ladies and gentlemen!

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1077 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calexako View Post
    Well, I guess I will continue posting my updates:
    197.8 this weekend and i found out I dropped 2% BF to get to roughly 18%. Onwards to washboard abs, ladies and gentlemen!
    Good work!

I reversed a bit. shot back up to 188 but I weighed myself at the end of the day instead of the morning. Last week was rough due to work and it rained a bit and didn't feel like running in a monsoon. I get my blood panel Thursday and I am excited to see if my changed diet of roughly 3-4 months has helped.