Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you think of replica Rolex,Tag Heuer, Omega etc.?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Used-Absolutely All others-Nope

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddington View Post
    The problem is when I see a JomaShop sale knocking down a Rolex or Omega 15-20%. They rarely have Rolexes for such a discount, but they certainly put some Omegas on 15%+ discounts semi-regularly.
    Omega does not hold value well.

Rolex does.

And especially right now, you cannot even find SS Rolex sports models anywhere. Major premiums right now.

To answer the OP's original question: pre-owned from a trusted seller only for me.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    94 Post(s)
    Knock off? Hell no.

Homage? Eh, not my thing (unless it's the brand doing a homage to its own past model), but you do you and go for it if you'd like. Personally, I'd rather buy a cheap watch that's it's own thing (seiko peesage, orient Bambino, etc)

Inspired by? Sure. There's a difference between this and homage. Homage, to me, is a close copy but not labeled/badged as the original (eg., many invictas). Inspired by means it takes styling cues (eg., most dive watches take from the Rolex submariner).

Used from a certified dealer? Sure.

Grey market from a legit place like Jomashop? Sure.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    I got a Folex in Kuwait back in 2006. Those 6 days it lasted before breaking were some of the fanciest ones of my deployed life.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)
    I was speaking to my local go to watch guy, he's a master European craftsman. He was telling me that because of CC machines, 3D printing, and CAD equipment, that fakes are getting harder and harder to distinguish from the real thing. It's getting scary out there, in my opinion, to buy anything except from the manufacturer, but that sucks because you have to pay a premium price. I wonder how many of these respected watch dealers are selling fakes that they believe to be real. Here's a decent article I came across awhile back on the market for these things.
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/th...he-superfakes/

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quoted
    356 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I was speaking to my local go to watch guy, he's a master European craftsman. He was telling me that because of CC machines, 3D printing, and CAD equipment, that fakes are getting harder and harder to distinguish from the real thing. It's getting scary out there, in my opinion, to buy anything except from the manufacturer, but that sucks because you have to pay a premium price. I wonder how many of these respected watch dealers are selling fakes that they believe to be real. Here's a decent article I came across awhile back on the market for these things.
    https://techcrunch.com/2017/12/03/th...he-superfakes/
    Yup I work wth ICE and my buddy works in the counterfeit office focusing on jerseys and sports memorabilia. Itís an ever increasing market.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    440 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeysc23 View Post
    Yup I work wth ICE and my buddy works in the counterfeit office focusing on jerseys and sports memorabilia. It’s an ever increasing market.
    I believe it. I'm always skeptical at buying anything online these days, from anything but the manufacturer. I know there is a huge market for fake Nike's, especially the older model Jordans.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    68 Post(s)
    Iíd buy a used one or maybe a tribute one (i.e. take cues from another watch but still is distinctly itís own thing). Outside of that Iíd rather spend my money on a legit Seiko than a fake Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk