Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The ubiquity of the Apple Watch?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)
    I see a lot of people wearing them in the Birmingham/Atlanta area but personally don't feel like I've gained any benefit to owning one outside of constant health tracking.

Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1245 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMann View Post
    I suspect that different pockets of society are more likely to have adopted smart watches than others. I work in a hospital in the Seattle area and I see a LOT of smart watches, probably more than standard watches.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Which is why I figured my segment - IT - would have a lot of people wearing them. IT people tend to like IT, geeky stuff. The Apple watch seems to fit in to that category. Of course when I do look around, I see a lot of smart watches in general on the wrist of IT workers. Peebles, FitBits, etc. So yes. The pockets of society is certainly a valid comment.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Quoted
    967 Post(s)
    Went out to hear some music tonight. Listening room had about 50ish people. I counted 7 smart watches and 2 traditional watches. My wife and I were wearing those 2.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    137 Post(s)
    I have an android smart watch and a tizen (Samsung) smart watch. I don't wear them and wear mechanical watches instead.

Yes, they're neat, and the Samsung can do a lot, but I realized they make me spend MORE time connected, not less...and that's the last thing I need. When I check the time on an analog watch, I'm not seeing a notification that I'm going to check.