Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need to Rebuy full Wardrobe

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)
    15k....

I'd be buying multiple Suit Supply, get them tailored(including pants)
    Going Custom Dress shirts that fit properly (10) of them total
    5 Various dress pant shades, Suitsupply or Spier & Mackay
    2 Jeans
    3 casuals (Chinos)
    4 Sweaters
    3 Odd Vest
    Ties if you wear them i'd aim for 10

Trench Coat
    Bridge Coat
    Pea Coat
    Spring SUmmer

Black, walnut, red mahogany/other fun not over the top colour, dark brown and two pairs of dress boots of choice in brown and black

Various Slide belts to match

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    275 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsNotSam View Post
    • I'd describe my standard style as business casual to slightly preppy; I sometimes like fun/flashy outfits and am okay with a few outfits that border on ridiculous, but overall I try to have some stylistic diversity. Really "big" plaids tend to look really good on me

Or these burnished monk straps:

Or too flashy?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)
    With that budget, I would take a look at The Armoury https://thearmoury.com/

as well as Proper Cloth and Kamakura for shirts

maybe Leffot for shoes

would consider checking out Articles of Style for a suit

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsNotSam View Post
    Hi all -

I moved recently, and my movers lost everything. I moved into a new apartment with a suitcase and that was all.

I am going to need to rebuy almost an entire wardrobe. Over the past couple weeks, I've amassed ~$3,000 in a good variety of clothes, maybe a bit of a focus on fall. I am budgeting ~$15K - $35K on additional clothing expenses (defined broadly -- includes shoes, etc.).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Anything from general to specific works.

Most pertinent info:.
    [LIST][*]I'm tall, pretty lean, and pretty large (usually wear tailored/slim Large-Tall / 44L), so fit is always difficult and I typically get a lot tailored[*]I'd describe my standard style as business casual to slightly preppy; I sometimes like fun/flashy outfits and am okay with a few outfits that border on ridiculous, but overall I try to have some stylistic diversity. Really "big" plaids tend to look really good on me[*]I live in Manhattan and walk to work, so having a good mix of weather-appropriate clothes is very important - I sweat like crazy in the summer and hate the cold in the winter[*]I'm in my 30s and an exec, but my local office is startupy, so people wear everything from sweatpants/hoodies to 3-piece suits (but often manage to be stylish even when dressing down, since it's Manhattan)[*]
    You live in Manhattan, large plaids work for you, and fun/flashy outfits are fine. I'd suggest you check out JC&RT and their plaid shirts. Their shirts are limited run and inspired by anything from classic albums, literary classics, to The Peanuts. They have three fits, and you can arrange for a fitting in their studios which I believe are in Brooklyn. I have five of their shirts, and get compliments on them every single time I wear them. And because they are limited, you don't see yourself coming and going.

They also engineer their shirts to create as little waste as possible. They actually digitally print the exact pattern piece, ensuring plaids match and are symmetrical, eliminating the waste inherent in trying to match patterns on a large bolt of plaid fabric. The tailored details reflect Jeffrey and Robert's family history, since both are grandsons of tailors.

A few shirts like theirs, will help make your wardrobe unique, and yet work well with the suggestions you are getting from others.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    164 Post(s)
    I'd probably stop by Brooks Brothers and then lease an M5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personal thought here is to take your time...

Why choke down a list immediately after losing your prized possessions? Its like getting a divorce and proposing the next day. Enjoy your freedom and try new things out, explore a little of this and that before committing to what you once thought you liked; not knowing what else was out there.

Enjoy the freedom you've been provided and definitely explore renumeration from the guilty party and/or your insurance company.

Best regards!