Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody familiar with Lethato shoes?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Anybody familiar with Lethato shoes?

Amazon has a sale on Lethato shoes: https://www.amazon.com/apb/page/ref=...8R125Z354CS8RD.

I've never heard of the brand, but a lot of their shoes have high ratings on Amazon. The don't seem to be very high quality shoes, but if you need something cheap and not incredibly durable, they might do the job.

Anybody have other thoughts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    I've actually been waiting for a deal on their tan wingtips... I'll probably end up pulling the trigger at that price, so I can write up a few words once they arrive. Too late for this sale, but there's always next time I suppose.

I do wonder if their descriptions are accurate - different colors (and types) seem to be described as "genuine leather" in some cases, full-grain or pull-up in other cases. And a few types say they're goodyear-welted.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    573 Post(s)
    yes we get it, you work for them.

no we're not going to click the link.

PS the shoes are super low end and look horrible, even in their amazon pics.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    I would love to hear reviews/comments from those who have tried the shoes. Goodyear welt and calfskin for under $100 seems way to good to be true.

The leather in the photos looks like plastic to me. But Amazon has easy returns, so why not check them out in real life?

That said, in that price range, I'd probably get something with nicer looking leather and skip the GY Welt. You're not likely going to pay for resoling a shoe of that price, because the new soles will cost almost as much.

Nordstrom Rack sometimes has Gordon Rush shoes on sale in that price range as well as Donald Piner. I think the leather quality might be better.

But I'm interested in hearing your feedback after you try them.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    yes we get it, you work for them.

no we're not going to click the link.

PS the shoes are super low end and look horrible, even in their amazon pics.
    You really think the OP works for them?

And oops . . . I clicked the link.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    573 Post(s)
    I could have a misunderstanding of workings of the metadata, but the refferer= "gbps_img" seems to be a spam service from india that just tries to get people to click links to get them pennies a click.

it's happened before anyways, it'll happen again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Welp, guess I feel like a dunce as well. Regardless, I have been curious to try 'em... so I suppose I get to be a guinea pig for other folks this time.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    305 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flunky View Post
    Welp, guess I feel like a dunce as well. Regardless, I have been curious to try 'em... so I suppose I get to be a guinea pig for other folks this time.
    At least you're not a dunce alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Hmm, I wasn't expecting some of these responses. Anyhow, I don't work for the company and I'm not a spammer. I actually found the deal on a deal website, then navigated to Amazon so I wouldn't be posting the deal website's referral link. Maybe I did something wrong.

Just wanted some info from folks who know more than me about shoes. Thanks!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IMJoeKing View Post
    Hmm, I wasn't expecting some of these responses. Anyhow, I don't work for the company and I'm not a spammer. I actually found the deal on a deal website, then navigated to Amazon so I wouldn't be posting the deal website's referral link. Maybe I did something wrong.

Just wanted some info from folks who know more than me about shoes. Thanks!
    The machines are learning!! Stop feeding them more information!! Just kidding. I really don't like the burnishing done to their lighter ones, like the chukka boots