Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)

J Crew sweater blazer chest pocket below the nipple line

This sweater blazer that's been posted on the main site:

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_feature...73006d0a24060d

Got mine in the mail today and love it other than the fact that...breast pocket is below my nipple. Just feels a bit weird. Is that weird to anyone else?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    This sweater blazer that's been posted on the main site:

https://www.jcrew.com/p/mens_feature...73006d0a24060d

Got mine in the mail today and love it other than the fact that...breast pocket is below my nipple. Just feels a bit weird. Is that weird to anyone else?
    That's what I hate about that sweater Blazer, too. I would have gotten it otherwise. It looks really bad, like you're milking your teet into the pocket or something.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    That's what I hate about that sweater Blazer, too. I would have gotten it otherwise. It looks really bad, like you're milking your teet into the pocket or something.
    cannot unsee...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Wow you're right. How did JCrew of all places mess that up? They're usually really good about not screwing up those kinds of things.

Anyway, Banana Republic has basically the same design on sale. Saw it in person the other day. Maybe they didn't mess that up.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    Wow you're right. How did JCrew of all places mess that up? They're usually really good about not screwing up those kinds of things.

Anyway, Banana Republic has basically the same design on sale. Saw it in person the other day. Maybe they didn't mess that up.
    Link?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Link?
    I think Hebrew Barrister is talking about this: https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...&pid=362608002

... which has a very different button stance (higher, wider spaced) and more minimalist details (the jcrew model has stitching around all the edges and a back seam), so I wouldn't call it "basically the same design" aside from the fact they're both cardigans with blazer-like lapels, or if you just meant they both have ridiculously short chopped tails.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    Are the sleeves lined on these like a blazer or unlines sweater like?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    691 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joekloo View Post
    Are the sleeves lined on these like a blazer or unlines sweater like?
    unlined like a sweater

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    I have this exact sweater blazer. When I bought it I really wanted to hate it but not gonna lie its got some decent weight to it and makes a great piece for wearing around our Chicago office. In regards to the chest pocket, I don't think anyone is going to notice nor care about its placement. After all its a sweater blazer and I don't think anyone will look at it as a formal piece.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    231 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Lemus View Post
    I have this exact sweater blazer. When I bought it I really wanted to hate it but not gonna lie its got some decent weight to it and makes a great piece for wearing around our Chicago office. In regards to the chest pocket, I don't think anyone is going to notice nor care about its placement. After all its a sweater blazer and I don't think anyone will look at it as a formal piece.
    Well, you're 100% wrong about nobody noticing/caring about the pocket placement. The whole reason for this particular thread was because somebody noticed and cared (several somebodies).

The pocket placement isn't a formality issue, but a proportions/location issue. It really, really should be placed higher. But if you don't mind, more power to you, as the rest of that sweater blazer looks awesome.