Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on my watch color conundrum.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    Why not the blue OP with green accents?
    That's only in the 39mm size.
    Ben

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    157 Post(s)
    Always happy to chime in with my opinion on how others should spend their money:

I agree with you that the 3-6-9 markers lessen the appeal of the blue OP. IMO, they seem out of place. I also agree that the white dial is clean and crisp, but overall, it's just "meh."

I do like the grape dial. It is interesting, but do you think it's so different that in time you'll find it as distracting as the orange accents on your old watch?

The winner in my book is the op with the champagne dial. Classy, understated, versatile.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)
    Champagne or Grape. The champagne looks pretty cool and I like the blue pip contrast. The grape is cool just because it is unusual in a good way, but not loud. The blue was a little too uniform and the white dial really was just plain boring.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)
    The more times I see the purple, the more I like it. I still think it's a limited rotation piece though. I think it would get 1-2 wears a week for me. Mostly because I wear a decent amount of purple and lavender and I don't like too much "matchy matchy".

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    28 Post(s)
    I'll throw my hat in for Champagne.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1837 Post(s)
    I’ve got a work conference next week in one of the two towns in our state that has a Rolex AD. Hoping to pop in there and see if they’ve got any of these to look at in person.
    Ben

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    217 Post(s)
    Quoted
    923 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    I’ve got a work conference next week in one of the two towns in our state that has a Rolex AD. Hoping to pop in there and see if they’ve got any of these to look at in person.
    After seeing your collection change over the years...I can't help but think the purple dial will only stay around for a year or two. You must have addiction pealing off the plastic protectors on new watches :P

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Quoted
    941 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LesserBlackDog View Post
    Please Please take pics!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBarwick View Post
    After seeing your collection change over the years...I can't help but think the purple dial will only stay around for a year or two.
    I'm thinking the same thing. I think the Champagne dial will stick around long term.

When I picked my vintage Datejust up earlier this year, I was torn between the watch I picked (silver dial, engine turned bezel) and a 34mm oyster date in champagne. The champagne (even on a vintage model) was spectacular, just couldn't quite get down with the size.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    121 Post(s)
    I'll agree, the blue dial is eye-catching but somehow doesn't seem to hold much contrast against the silver (blue and grey do tend to blur into each other). The white dial is, for the same reason, somewhat unremarkable. Neither have the design elements to make the faces pop against the steel band.

The champagne would definitely be the safer choice against the grape. It will be more flexible and could be worn with pretty much anything other than a yellow shirt. It would also be more of a departure from your collection of dark-faced watches.

However, the grape is striking. It'll be harder to pair, but will certainly catch more attention than the other choices. The lavender dots I wouldn't worry about. At actual size they're almost imperceptible unless you're looking for them (I put the image on my phone and scaled it to get a sense of the real appearance). Now, how's your collection of merlot/burgundy shoes and belts?