Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Underwear

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by idvsego View Post
    Costco has 32degree boxers again. In case anyone wants to try them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    anyone have any experience with these? Wondering if i should pick some up. I currently have exeficio and pair of thieves

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neminat View Post
    anyone have any experience with these? Wondering if i should pick some up. I currently have exeficio and pair of thieves
    I bought some. they are stretchier than the ex officio but pretty comfortable. I liked them enough that I picked up a second pack. Hard to beat for the price.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.C View Post
    I don't get the love for ExOfficio at all, the lone pair that I tried was comfortable the first wear, but had waistband waffling after one wash (per their instructions) and were pretty much unwearable after a second washing. Worst $20 I ever spent. - This is probably an exaggeration
    i recently switched from random assortment of Calvin Klein/department store sale brand to ExOfficio this year and can say they are a helluva underwear. Looking to replace all of mine slowly whenever ExOfficio goes on sale, holds up really well. Also major plus when you're traveling and forget to pack separate underwear for working out, you can rinse/clean your underwear in the shower easily.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1455 Post(s)
    This is exactly what I am doing @Mikeyk. Replacing my current stock of undies with ExOfficio. Will be a slow process as they aren't cheap. But I am liking them much better than the cotton guys I was wearing before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    This is exactly what I am doing @Mikeyk. Replacing my current stock of undies with ExOfficio. Will be a slow process as they aren't cheap. But I am liking them much better than the cotton guys I was wearing before.
    I did that the last time Costco had their 3 for $19.99 (or whatever it was; it was cheap) deal. I never wear anything else anymore (EDIT: In that garment slot!).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Icebreaker Anatomica Merino Wool Briefs

Ultralight merino wool is the way to go. They are a bit pricey, but I almost exclusively wear Icebreaker Anatomica merino briefs (https://www.amazon.com/Icebreaker-Me...a-524530664153). They are exceptionally comfortable, naturally moisture-wicking, and very durable. Stretchy and NOT ITCHY in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesape View Post
    My wife has always given me crap about my underwear, so I thought I'd take a look around to see if I could find some higher quality options. I prefer briefs, and since I don't want to different underwear options for different activities, I'd prefer to find some that fall towards the moisture wicking side to be more conducive to working out. I wouldn't mind them being halfway decent looking either to appease the wife (she is not a fan of the multi-pack Hanes briefs that I buy from Target).

Somehow ran across a company called Tommyjohns.com. They look like they have some good options, but they are ~$40 for one. I'd assume I'd need at least 8 or pairs, so I really don't want to spend $350 on underwear. My search for underwear has never ventured outside of the underwear aisle at Target, so I am completely in the dark. What are some good options that will suit my needs?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)
    For those of you who like the ExOfficio boxer briefs, I have seen 3 packs of them at a few different Marshalls and TJ Maxx in LA for $15, so might be worth taking a look. There were several 3 packs at each store.

I didn't get any because I have underwear that I prefer over the ExOfficios, but I figured some of you would be interested.

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1119 Post(s)
    they are also back at costco 3 for $25. the 32 degree are 3 for $11 right now too and are really great for the money. those are the only two I buy these days.