Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Underwear

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I'm also a fan of the Uniqlo Airism kind. They're super comfortable, quick drying, and affordable. Same for their undershirts.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    88 Post(s)
    I'm a fan of Tommy John, but just ordered some Bensly. It seems similar but a bit less expensive. Interested to see how it wears.

Mentioned
    211 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1402 Post(s)
    Ol. You guys have convinced me to take a look at these Uniqlo undies the next time I'm in the store.

Are their other models/styles just as good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocDave View Post
    Ol. You guys have convinced me to take a look at these Uniqlo undies the next time I'm in the store.

Are their other models/styles just as good?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can't speak to the majority of their styles outside of the Airism kind, but I did end up getting a pair of their mesh Airisms, and did not like them. The sizing was also very different than the regular Airism fabric...and shrunk down to comical sizes when I washed them. Haven't had any of that with the others.

FWIW, it looks like they're having a sale right now and some of the Airism underwear is down to $5.90.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)
    Though I am not a fan of their price, I really like MeUndies' boxer. The crotch is perhaps a bit lower than I would ideally like, but they are still super comfortable.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    83 Post(s)
    I bought some Mack Weldon's (boxer briefs) when they were running a discount. The 50-50 cotton-modal blend everyday ones. They are indeed nice, and soft and comfortable. They're probably a little bit overpriced even at the discount price though. I picked up a 3 pack of Michael Kors boxer briefs several months back when I was in a TJ Maxx and they are definitely a step up from the Hanes/Fruit of the Loom tier. Softer cotton and more stretch which makes them more supportive, form fitting and comfortable because it cuts down on bunching. I think even a full price a three pack of those is about what one pair of Mack Weldons is.
    “Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.” – Mark Twain

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L_Wilson View Post
    I can't speak to the majority of their styles outside of the Airism kind, but I did end up getting a pair of their mesh Airisms, and did not like them. The sizing was also very different than the regular Airism fabric...and shrunk down to comical sizes when I washed them. Haven't had any of that with the others.

FWIW, it looks like they're having a sale right now and some of the Airism underwear is down to $5.90.
    As a counterpoint to this, I love the mesh Airism boxer briefs. Size was true for me relative to other brands and have not shrink at all.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by L_Wilson View Post
    Shrunk from washing? How is that possible?

I wash them in cold water and they don't change. Other than knit wool, I don't think I've ever seen clothes shrink from washing, at least in cold water, including mesh Airism.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    205 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT10000 View Post
    Shrunk from washing? How is that possible?

I wash them in cold water and they don't change. Other than knit wool, I don't think I've ever seen clothes shrink from washing, at least in cold water, including mesh Airism.
    Yeah. AirSM is not a natural fabric. They simply don't shrink....
    Don’t call what your wearing an outfit. Don’t ever say your car is broke.
    Don’t sing with a fake British accent. Don’t act like your family’s a joke.
    --Jason Isbell

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    Love Tommy John