Thread: Tuxedo Shirt & Shoes Help

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Tuxedo Shirt & Shoes Help

Hi All,

I have a black tie event soon, and I want to update my tuxedo kit. I'm looking for a rather spread collar tuxedo shirt, as well as suede/velvet loafers. Ideally I wouldn't want to spend too much on either item, because after all I only go to black tie events a handful of times a year. So I wouldn't be wearing down the items as much, so I can skimp a little bit on quality in order to save money. Could spend ~ $50 on a shirt, and would like to stay around or under $100 for shoes; but I can be flexible if I find the right item.

Any suggestions or links anyone has? I thought about posting this on the "Deals" thread, but figure this is more conversational so would make sense to post here. Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)
    I wear a bib-front shirt from TM Lewin: https://www.tmlewin.com/shirts/regul...irt-35104.html

There are plenty of velvet loafer options on Amazon and other places, but they lack support and at the least you'll want an insole to put in to save your feet. I have a pair of second-hand opera pumps I wear with my BT rig but for the sake of my arches they need to be replaced and I'll probably buy-once-cry-once on an expensive pair at some point.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    +1 for the TM Lewin shirt.

Here's a tip -- if you google "Charles Tyrwhitt" you'll get an ad for $29.99 TM Lewin shirts. I recommend TM Lewin's fitted Marcella shirt. You can also get a cheap set of studs/cufflinks on Amazon.