Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The "New" Allen Edmonds?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    426 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    Just saw the camo Higgins Mill. Gross.
    Didn't even know these existed until your post. Crikey!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidvan61 View Post
    I have 5 pairs of AE shoes, a first, two seconds and two eBay finds. I really like their shoes and was excited to find such a good deal during the Labor Day sale and it was a disaster. Took them 7 days to ship the shoes. Once in hand, the McCallisters I ordered look like I welted the soles. Had perforations that were not cut out completely. I sent them back, received a pair of Fifth Avenues as a replacement and the leather was blotchy with clear imperfections like scuffs and scars. Sent me another pair of Fifth Avenues from their new “coffee” brown. When I think of coffee I think of dark brown, not the girly coffee that has more cream than coffee. The shoes were the latter.

Time to find a new brand.

I hate the new coffee brown color. The regular/dark brown color has apparently been discontinued, at least for now.

The coffee color looks like something a senior citizen would get for his orthopedic shoes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rdsmith3 View Post
    I hate the new coffee brown color. The regular/dark brown color has apparently been discontinued, at least for now.

The coffee color looks like something a senior citizen would get for his orthopedic shoes.
    Agreed. The old burnished brown was a much better choice, especially for dressier shoes, which are pretty much all I buy AE for.