Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The "New" Allen Edmonds?

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quoted
    339 Post(s)
    Turns out the sky is in fact falling. Slowly, I'll of course concede. But it's definitely comin down.

It's like Caleres looked around, and though "hm, what other great american company can we buy, gut, re-brand, outsource, and destroy? THAT ONE RIGHT THERE!!!"

It's the Caleres modus operandi to the letter. Expect to be able to find "high quality Allen Edmonds" in famous footwears across the country sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Seems like they got rid of their Italian bit loafer that was excellent... may need to try to grab another pair before they ghost from stores as well... and have that be the last AE shoe I purchase, bc most of this stuff looks like rubbish now. Very unfortunate that all the concerns everyone had re: the buyout seem to be coming true over time.
    Update: I accidentally hit an ad to AE on a website (the Google Amazon Bezos big brother is always watching!) earlier today, and it looks like they did not get rid of their bit loafer that I like so much. Seems like they've either added back a lot of shoes, or at least fixed their links/ordering/categories to work better. Doesn't change the bad experiences people are having, but at least not all out war on my shoe collection immediately.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hornsup84 View Post
    Update: I accidentally hit an ad to AE on a website (the Google Amazon Bezos big brother is always watching!) earlier today, and it looks like they did not get rid of their bit loafer that I like so much. Seems like they've either added back a lot of shoes, or at least fixed their links/ordering/categories to work better. Doesn't change the bad experiences people are having, but at least not all out war on my shoe collection immediately.
    How many pairs of bit loafers does one man need?

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

The "New" Allen Edmonds?

Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    How many pairs of bit loafers does one man need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    140 Post(s)
    Late to this party, but just stumbled across these, and they look pretty good. Still goodyear welted but with a much less stubby cap toe than the Park Avenue. Not that it cancels out the other stuff, but maybe some of the change will still be good.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/just-sh...r=3418#start=1

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)
    Anybody figure out what a "speed welt" is?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deke View Post
    Late to this party, but just stumbled across these, and they look pretty good. Still goodyear welted but with a much less stubby cap toe than the Park Avenue. Not that it cancels out the other stuff, but maybe some of the change will still be good.

https://www.allenedmonds.com/just-sh...r=3418#start=1
    They do look quite nice. I know people don't love the so called stubby cap on Park aves, but these look like they have the same proportion as my Lexington's and those things creased in the middle of the cap and looked pretty bad within a few wears. The stubby cap may indeed serve a purpose.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    The latest AE catalog is a clear sign that the company wants to make itself more casual and appealing to wider population. Probably time to try other brands...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I have 5 pairs of AE shoes, a first, two seconds and two eBay finds. I really like their shoes and was excited to find such a good deal during the Labor Day sale and it was a disaster. Took them 7 days to ship the shoes. Once in hand, the McCallisters I ordered look like I welted the soles. Had perforations that were not cut out completely. I sent them back, received a pair of Fifth Avenues as a replacement and the leather was blotchy with clear imperfections like scuffs and scars. Sent me another pair of Fifth Avenues from their new “coffee” brown. When I think of coffee I think of dark brown, not the girly coffee that has more cream than coffee. The shoes were the latter.

Time to find a new brand.