Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watch Out for Allen Edmonds--My Recent/Current Experience

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)

Watch Out for Allen Edmonds--My Recent/Current Experience

I was afraid there were big changes coming to Allen Edmonds and let me share with you what I am dealing with right now and over the last week.

Right now: I called customer service and instead of a person, after pressing several buttons, I'm in a cue estimating 13 minutes wait time. Thirteen minutes? Other times I've called, I've gotten a person almost immediately.

Last week I received one of two orders I placed during the labor day sale. The first order was for shoes and shoe bags. The second order was for shoes alone.

They sent the shoes from the first order, but not the shoe bags. I called last week and they told me that second order was cancelled due to lack of stock and that the shoe bags were cancelled for the same reason. But they still show it for sale on their website. And they are still holding my money from my Paypal account.

And they didn't bother to send me an email telling me my order was cancelled--I had to call to find out.

I went to the AE website to check the status today and was surprised to find the website is completely changed and they no longer have the "Sign in with Facebook" option. Which is what I always did. So, I called today because they still have my money with no refund after almost two weeks--and after a considerable wait, I was given the same information as before--cancelled orders due to out of stock. But the shoe is still shown for sale on the website. Same for the shoe bags--they are selling them--but they cancelled my order? And they still have not refunded my money.

And my access to all my order history and account information is gone. I can't sign in through Facebook and I can't sign in through my email. Trying to use my email address linked to my Facebook account and resetting my password was to no avail.

The customer service person is more confused than I am. She told me that they have been making a lot of changes and she is still not sure what is going on. But was very polite.

She told me to call back in a week if I still don't have my refund.

We shall see. I hope none of you are having these problems.

Until they get this all worked out, I wouldn't use paypal to order, because they will accept your order for items not in stock, and then wait weeks to refund your money.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; September 13th, 2018 at 03:59 PM.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    550 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    I was afraid there were big changes coming to Allen Edmonds and let me share with you what I am dealing with right now and over the last week.

Right now: I called customer service and instead of a person, after pressing several buttons, I'm in a cue estimating 13 minutes wait time. Thirteen minutes? Other times I've called, I've gotten a person almost immediately.

Last week I received one of two orders I placed during the labor day sale. The first order was for shoes and shoe bags. The second order was for shoes alone.

They sent the shoes from the first order, but not the shoe bags. I called last week and they told me that second order was cancelled due to lack of stock and that the shoe bags were cancelled for the same reason. But they still show it for sale on their website. And they are still holding my money from my Paypal account.

I went to the AE website to check the status today and was surprised to find the website is completely changed and they no longer have the "Sign in with Facebook" option. Which is what I always did. So, I called today because they still have my money with no refund after almost two weeks--and after a considerable wait, I was given the same information as before--cancelled orders due to out of stock. But the shoe is still shown for sale on the website. Same for the shoe bags--they are selling them--but they cancelled my order? And they still have not refunded my money.

And my access to all my order history and account information is gone. I can't sign in through Facebook and I can't sign in through my email. Trying to use my email address linked to my Facebook account and resetting my password was to no avail.

The customer service person is more confused than I am. She told me that they have been making a lot of changes and she is still not sure what is going on. But was very polite.

She told me to call back in a week if I still don't have my refund.

We shall see. I hope none of you are having these problems.

Until they get this all worked out, I wouldn't use paypal to order, because they will accept your order for items not in stock, and then wait weeks to refund your money.

you had to wait on the phone? that's really rough :-/

Unless they really don't EVER refund you, which won't happen, i don't think you listed a single reasonable gripe here.

at best you may have had a minor inconvenience.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    224 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post

Unless they really don't EVER refund you, which won't happen, i don't think you listed a single reasonable gripe here.
    Really? What if they keep my money for a year? How long is reasonable to wait for a refund on an item they took my money for when they had no capability to fill the order?

Also, is it reasonable (not to mention honest) to take money for items that are not in stock and continuing to list them for sale when they are not in stock, have been out of stock for at least two weeks, and they have zero plans to restock them?

And what's up with not telling me my order was cancelled until I called? Shouldn't they send me a notice of that?

As far as the wait on hold, I was contrasting it to previous times I've called.

And it hardly seems to be good customer service to erase my account along with my order history.

You're certainly entitled to your opinion, but frankly, I didn't ask for it.

I was sharing my experience and warning others. You and everyone else who reads this are free to continue doing business with AE, but I'm not going to until they get their act together again.
    Last edited by mebejoseph; September 13th, 2018 at 04:25 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    190 Post(s)

I dunno man, two weeks without funds returned for a cancelled order is a long time. A week is understandable, but two weeks for an order that was not fulfilled/cancelled on their end? Not acceptable. When my wife's orders from Nordstrom's gets cancelled due to stock issues, she always gets her money back within a few days.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    Seems like the biggest problem I see is that the customer service agent/rep couldn’t actually fix your problem, or couldn’t transfer you to someone who could.

Look I’m not going to claim to know the ins and outs of Allen Edmonds offices, but the several times I’ve called for reasons over the past 5 years, I’ve received excellent service. It might be 5 people in cubicles for all I know, but they should be able to fix a problem like that in my opinion, or at least give you more of a potential solution that “call back in a week”.

Sometimes they are slow on stuff, but not slow in being able to provide me with a solution.

The reality is- it wouldn’t stop me from buying their products into the future. But it sucks nonetheless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)
    I hope it has to do with the new website. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out soon and get back to normal.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)
    Uncomfy shoes for high end prices that lack any of the high end attributes except the welt.

Also their CS years ago was terrible to me so I feel for the OP

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nandyn View Post
    I dunno man, two weeks without funds returned for a cancelled order is a long time. A week is understandable, but two weeks for an order that was not fulfilled/cancelled on their end? Not acceptable. When my wife's orders from Nordstrom's gets cancelled due to stock issues, she always gets her money back within a few days.
    I've had that issue at Nordstrom's too. And I've gone back to look at the items that they cancelled to find that they were still available on the site. However, I got my money back in a couple of days. As to AE. I have around 15 pairs of AE's and I have always hated myself for it. Most of the time when my "firsts" arrive, and I have to send them back two or three times before I hit the QC lottery, I vow to never buy from them again.... and yet, I do. They are one of the few companies with a variety of lasts/sizes that will take returns and exchanges ad nauseam. I almost wish they wouldn't, so I could write them off entirely due to their utter and complete refusal to preform internal quality control. Their saving grace has always been their customer service. I get that a new website and system will take some adjustment time, and I won't begrudge them that. However, if this is indicative of a culling of the support staff, and an overall decline in customer serve, I will, indeed, suffer through life with far fewer "quality" dress shoes.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    343 Post(s)

This is an example to me of how AE seems to always get the benefit of the doubt from people here when the poster offers anything less than stellar praise for the brand.

If you take an order and don’t fill it. It should be refunded immediately. Having to follow up with a company that should be doing normal practice activities is an inconvenience and one I think thre poster did a fair job of trying to explain the whole situation.

I try to avoid using PayPal but is there anyway you can dispute the charge like a credit card. To me you tried and their lack of addressing the issue means you need to escalate.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    160 Post(s)
    My last 2 orders from AE, both recent, never showed up. I contacted customer service and got a response 3 days later advising that if they don't have what you ordered they just don't send it, and they also don't email the customer to tell him that they're never sending it. In light of the way they're currently conducting business and the crowd they're targeting, I wish AE the best of luck trying to sell 600 dollar shoes 5 years from now.