Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Northeast Weather Footwear (Help Needed!)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quoted
    201 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark4 View Post
    I usually just wear a pair of gore tex or other waterproof breathable membrane 100% leather upper hiking boots, or work boots, and change into my dress shoes at the office. Unless I'm dressed casually in which case they go fine with jeans/chinos so no need to change shoes. The issue I have with Bean boots is the rubber does not breathe, at all. Wear them all day and your feet will be swimming in their own sweat by the end of the day. I do have a pair of Bean boots, I'm not totally against them, but I only wear them when it's REALLY wet.
    This is my approach to winter here in New Hampshire. If it's snowy or messy outside, I wear a pair of Timberland waterproof leather hiking boots on my "commute" (drive) into the office, then just change into my shoes once I get in. On the normal days, I just throw some rubber golashes over my shoes and take them off at my desk.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    45 Post(s)
    I have the L.L. Bean Maine Hunting Shoes in 10" w/Gore tex lining. A bit of a pain to get on/off. Find I only really wear them in really bad/slushy weather. For just regular/dry snow, find myself reaching for Salomon Quest 4d and changing in the office. Currently considering shorter bean boots (gumshoe or 6") or Danner Vertigo 917 for Fall/Spring rain/light snow.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)
    My vote goes to Danner Mountain Light's that have been treated with Obernaufs.