Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I need permission to wear . . .

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    299 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    But I'm old, and my brain keeps playing like a broken record, "No brown shoes after six." And I feel half-naked going out at night without a sports coat.

Somebody encourage me to give it a try, eh?

Chinos, unstructured sports coat, tan shoes, and maybe a light colored or white linen or cotton shirt in a casual fabric weave. Or maybe even (gasp) skip the sports coat?
    The early days after I started wearing a suit/sport coat, I wore it more than weather permitted. But after a year I drew the line as to how much I'd sacrifice comfort to look good. I survived without a sport coat for years before; people survive without one either. So when it's 90F, I'm jacket-less for sure; 80-85F is a gray area.

In the evening I gravitate toward darker pants, shoes, and jacket as well. And I have more dark grey wool pants than I do khaki-colored chinos. So dark grey wool vs khaki chinos is more like a question of do I need to dress down. I tend to dress up so I need more reasons to dress down than to dress up.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    274 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3piece View Post
    The early days after I started wearing a suit/sport coat, I wore it more than weather permitted. But after a year I drew the line as to how much I'd sacrifice comfort to look good. I survived without a sport coat for years before; people survive without one either. So when it's 90F, I'm jacket-less for sure; 80-85F is a gray area.

In the evening I gravitate toward darker pants, shoes, and jacket as well. And I have more dark grey wool pants than I do khaki-colored chinos. So dark grey wool vs khaki chinos is more like a question of do I need to dress down. I tend to dress up so I need more reasons to dress down than to dress up.
    Of course, everything was/is fine. I drive myself crazy with anxiety over nothing. Often.

I wore the sports coat anyway. But when we went dancing, I took it off.