Thread: Affordable 21mm leather watch strap?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Affordable 21mm leather watch strap?

Ordered the Skagen Holst on Amazon today with the white dial/black leather strap that this website reviewed a few years back (https://dappered.com/2015/01/in-revi...n-dress-watch/).

Assuming I actually get the watch through the mail (hey was under $60 after taxes, not bad), any advice on a brown 21mm leather watch strap? Was hoping the watch could pull double duty at work with browns and blacks. Would think minimalist would work fine with this watch but wanted to see if anyone has any good suggestions based on past experience with any particular brand or seller worth recommending.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quoted
    171 Post(s)
    Check out cheapest NATO straps. Based in Sweden, but shipping to US only takes about a week for me (Seattle area). Cheap, nice quality, and lots of selections beyond NATO straps. Shipping is only $1.95, free if you spend over $25, and also an extra discount if you buy 5 or more straps/bands

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    871 Post(s)
    That review says it has 20mm strap. But check out Hadley Roma. Readily available and very affordable. They take a little breaking in but do get soft enough. Martu and coloreb are quality too, but a little more.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Huh. On Amazon and at Skagen's website it says 21mm. Going to have to bust out the old measuring tape.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    871 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand81 View Post
    Huh. On Amazon and at Skagen's website it says 21mm. Going to have to bust out the old measuring tape.
    I would trust skagen site. Reviews and Amazon can be unreliable but I woukd believe the manufacturer. If that's the case, 21mm is an odd size. The orient bambino has that size so maybe search for some of those "strap for my bambino* threads. There are a few. If I remember right, one has pics of a 20mm on 21mm watch. Gap is slight and one that a lot of people can live with since 20mm is way more common and it opened up the selection.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)
    Hirsch Duke comes in 21mm. That's a very well made and comfortable strap but almost the price you paid for the watch.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quoted
    871 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyone View Post
    Hirsch Duke comes in 21mm. That's a very well made and comfortable strap but almost the price you paid for the watch.
    Hirsch...thats the other name I couldnt think of. Good stuff.