Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Button-down Collar Polos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Button-down Collar Polos

Hey everyone,
    This summer I've been working in a place much hotter than I'm used to at an office much more casual than I'm used to. This has meant that I have had to try wearing polos, which I generally don't really like on me. However, I have grown to like two kinds of polos: Those with button-down collars, and also those with patterned collars that match tipped sleeves. I have yet to find a decent polo that incorporates both of these elements. The closest example I have found is this, but I would prefer to avoid logos and can't say I have much confidence in their sizing. I currently am wearing the UNIQLO Airism button-down collar polos, but I wish there was something on the sleeves to make them feel a bit more substantial. I also think the dress shirt collar makes them more difficult to use in more casual situations. I think a microdot polo with a button-down collar could also work. Slim fits are preferred.

Also, while on the subject, what is everyone's opinion on psuedo-polos, like popover shirts or band collar polos?
    I find myself oddly drawn to the former, despite knowing it to be a somewhat odd and passing style. I guess I've just seen too many terrible polos to really like them, and this differentiates itself enough from them to catch my eye while still fulfilling the same basic purpose. Band collar polos can look neat, but I think require a certain kind of build to pull them off. They're also at a weird middle ground: In casual situations I would use a henley and in more professional ones a polo.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    230 Post(s)

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quoted
    345 Post(s)
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...rts-polos.html

https://jomers.com/pages/polos

Spier & Mackay and jomers both make good polos which are without logos.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    230 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Token View Post
    https://www.spierandmackay.com/shop/...rts-polos.html

https://jomers.com/pages/polos

Spier & Mackay and jomers both make good polos which are without logos.
    I have the Jomers (and Uniqlo) and like them. But the Jomers' sleeves are really short, so might not be what robottawa is looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    They don't have button-down collars either.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quoted
    422 Post(s)
    I don't know if you took a look at Polopalooza 2018 OP, but here is a good selection of polo's all on Joe, so you can get a reasonable idea of their fit on the same person. Some have button-down collars, most not, but I figure it's a good article to peruse if youre looking for a variety of different polos.

https://dappered.com/2018/04/polopal...polos-of-2018/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    230 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JT10000 View Post
    I have the Jomers (and Uniqlo) and like them. But the Jomers' sleeves are really short, so might not be what robottawa is looking for.

They don't have button-down collars either.
    Well, my bad then.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, I find the sleeves on the jomers polos oddly short, and the fabric gets a little too wrinkly and hot over the course of the day.
    Banana Republic has some new slim fit button-down collar polos that I may try out. They're a bit expensive without getting on sale, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    So, I found these from a British site that I have never heard of before. They look kind of exactly like what I would want and were cheap, so I ordered a few. International shipping will take a week or two, but I'll let you all know what I think if they get here.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    143 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robottawa View Post
    So, I found these from a British site that I have never heard of before. They look kind of exactly like what I would want and were cheap, so I ordered a few. International shipping will take a week or two, but I'll let you all know what I think if they get here.
    Those sleeves look short to me. Fingers crossed for you.