Thread: Anybody Have Good Sources for Fitted Casual Shirts for Desert or Tropics?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)

Anybody Have Good Sources for Fitted Casual Shirts for Desert or Tropics?

I'm not as big as I was back in the days when I lifted weights, but I still have pretty broad shoulders (about a 43 or 44 chest right now). Plus I'm on the tall side at around 6' 3". So, when I get just about any type of casual shirt, including polos or henleys, if they fit my shoulders, I always end up with giant amounts of excess fabric around my waist and I just don't like it. Same thing with casual shirts I wear when we go to Mexico or Palm Springs. If if I buy a size smaller, they are just too tight all the way around for my comfort.

So, we're going to Palm Springs in a few weeks. This weekend, I was noticing that my short-sleeve shirts were looking kind of beat up and not up to what I've been liking to wear, because of all that extra fabric.

I know I can them tailored, but I'd like to avoid the time and expense of doing that. Most slim dress shirts from Paul Fredrick and Charles Tyrwhitt fit me pretty well if I get the right neck size (16"), even though I'm not really that slim with a 36" waist.

Anybody have any suggestions on sources or brands (online preferred) that might fit me the way I like? I prefer to have a shirt cut square at the bottom so I can wear it untucked if I like. But not like those shirts from Untucked.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)
    Iím about the same size, 6í4Ē somewhere between 42-44 cheat and 34ish waist, and the short sleeve button downs I have are from JCrew. I donít remember if itís main line or factory. I go size L slim.

A little more than youíre asking for but for JCrew I can do sweaters, long sleeve and short sleeve T-shirtís in L slim. Sweaters are ever so slightly short in the torso but they work. Long sleeve button downs typically the sleeves are just a smidge too short.if casual it can be ok or go XL slim and tailor them down a bit.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    I’m about the same size, 6’4” somewhere between 42-44 cheat and 34ish waist, and the short sleeve button downs I have are from JCrew. I don’t remember if it’s main line or factory. I go size L slim.

A little more than you’re asking for but for JCrew I can do sweaters, long sleeve and short sleeve T-shirt’s in L slim. Sweaters are ever so slightly short in the torso but they work. Long sleeve button downs typically the sleeves are just a smidge too short.if casual it can be ok or go XL slim and tailor them down a bit.
    Thanks, I'll check some out. Long sleeves is always a problem with S/M/L/XL type sizing when you have long arms, as you know. But I've got that covered pretty well for the time being.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    223 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Creature View Post
    Iím about the same size, 6í4Ē somewhere between 42-44 cheat and 34ish waist, and the short sleeve button downs I have are from JCrew. I donít remember if itís main line or factory. I go size L slim.

A little more than youíre asking for but for JCrew I can do sweaters, long sleeve and short sleeve T-shirtís in L slim. Sweaters are ever so slightly short in the torso but they work. Long sleeve button downs typically the sleeves are just a smidge too short.if casual it can be ok or go XL slim and tailor them down a bit.
    @Creature : Okay, I ordered and received two of the shirts you suggested in Large slim, and yes--they work. The wife likes them too, so I'm good. I think I might like them a bit more fitted around the waist, but they're pretty good for casual wear.

Thank you!