Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: J. Crew Factory Unstructured Flex Chino Blazer: Length for these?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mlstein View Post
    I had and got rid of one of these last year, and I honestly don't see why Joe is so keen on them. They're stiff and not very breathable and the proportions aren't great. I couldn't really wear it anyway, because it's long--I too am 5'6" and this is not a style that I could tolerate going too far down my crotch. The mainline J Crew unstructured blazers come in short sizes and there was a sale not long ago that got them around $80--a much better buy IMO. I got the gray cotton and like it a lot, the sleeves need shortening but that's about it. Joekloo, you might keep your fingers crossed for that. And then there's ebay and YOOX; I just picked up a beautiful LBM 1911 cotton-linen blazer from YOOX in a 38 that actually is short enough and the sleeves are within tailoring range even with the functional cuff buttons. And it cost me $135. A even better price/value ratio, I think.

Will do - Thanks for the input. Joe

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    Ok, mine arrived and I have tried it on. Mine is a 40R, and I am 5'10". It's actually a bit short, although the sleeves are about an inch long. It lands mid crotch on me.

Fit is flawless, although the material very definitely feels like a cheap chino blazer. It arrived wrinkled as hell too, having been folded up like a freaking dress shirt and shoved into a soft mail pouch -- seriously, JCrew?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)
    40R? I've never seen JCF blazers in lengths. J Crew mainline comes in short, regular, and long, but not the Factory blazers in my experience.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)
    Ok, 40 then? I always go for R so maybe I just rnemebered it as 40R? It's definitely a 40.

It IS thick thugh.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Late to this post but I am 5'8 and wear a 38S in all Jcrew jackets. They fit perfect off the rack. I bought this blazer a while back and the sleeves are definitely too long, as is the body. Its not even a close fit to a 38S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    In my experience the Jcrew FACTORY Blazers have never had the same cut as the JCREW Blazers, nor are they packed the same.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)
    I've got this jacket in size 40. The back length (from base of collar to rear hem) is 29.5". The sleeve is 25.75" from shoulder seam to cuff.

I'm 6'2" and it's on the short side on me but okay for super casual like with jeans. I'm guessing the length would be perfect for anyone in the 5'10" to 6 foot range.

The sleeves break right at my wrist bone which is perfect. I usually wear a 34/35 shirt sleeve.