Thread: Lightweight Wool-Blend Trousers with a Generous Thigh and Tapered Leg?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    246 Post(s)

Lightweight Wool-Blend Trousers with a Generous Thigh and Tapered Leg?

Hey guys,

I’m looking for some trousers with a lighter weight (like a four-season wool or wool-linen blend) pair of trousers with a mid-high rise and some room to move. Does anybody have any suggestions? Hopefully something that isn’t going to beak the bank (preferably around $65 - $80).

I know a fresco would be the way to go, and I’ve been seriously tempted by Spier & Mackay’s fresco trousers, but I’m trying to stock up on summer slacks and don’t have it in my budget (nor do they have a wide selection of color in those).
    Last edited by CJMichaelRay; June 22nd, 2018 at 09:09 PM.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)
    Hey. Just wanted to mention that getting the legs of your pants tapered is a super easy alteration. So if you find a pair of trousers that meets all of your other criteria: color, weight of material, proper fit through the waist/hips/thihgs, don't stress about the width of the leg opening. You'll be getting them hemmed anyways, so it would take a tailor an extra 10 minutes to narrow each pant leg.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)
    Check out Brooklyn Wolf. https://www.brooklynwolf.com/ Definitely a sleeper but I have two pairs and they are fantastic. The slim athletic has some room in the seat but tapered legs for sure. Would highly recommend. A little above your price point but some of their models run $65 w/ the 10% off first time discount.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    Bonobos athletic fit has both a quite generous thigh and a distinct taper. There is usually a 20% coupon code floating around the internet (with another 5% from Ebates on top of that) to bring it into your price range.