Thread: Banana Republic 34s suits! For less than $200 each

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Banana Republic 34s suits! For less than $200 each

In college I worked at B&R and was always pretty bitter I never could use my discount on any of the suits since the smallest they carried was a 38S and 36S online and I am a 34S (136 lbs, 5'5", narrow shoulders). Anyways to my delight 10 years later BR now carries 32/34 suits online. At full $568 MSRP for a 2 piece suit that is 99% Italian wool with 1% elastane I wouldn't call BR's suit a steal, but considering a JCrew Ludlow Traveler MSRP's at $650, albeit the Ludlow is of better quality I would say at $82 less you have my attention. A course what really makes BR viable is their constant sales. If you aren't getting at least 40% off you are simply doing it wrong. So the two suits I got were one charcoal and one black 2 piece slim fit suit in a 34S w/ 30x30 pants.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...0&locale=en_US
    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...9&locale=en_US

So Saturday there was 40% off, 25% off for signing up for emails w/ code, 20% off my first order by signing up for a BR card within 90 days, 10% off for using BR card, and I had a $5 BR rewards. Bringing my total for two suits to $397.74 w/ tax and shipping.

The only downside at the moment is that both jackets are BO until August, but I will not be billed for these until they ship.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kpopcat45 View Post
    In college I worked at B&R and was always pretty bitter I never could use my discount on any of the suits since the smallest they carried was a 38S and 36S online and I am a 34S (136 lbs, 5'5", narrow shoulders). Anyways to my delight 10 years later BR now carries 32/34 suits online. At full $568 MSRP for a 2 piece suit that is 99% Italian wool with 1% elastane I wouldn't call BR's suit a steal, but considering a JCrew Ludlow Traveler MSRP's at $650, albeit the Ludlow is of better quality I would say at $82 less you have my attention. A course what really makes BR viable is their constant sales. If you aren't getting at least 40% off you are simply doing it wrong. So the two suits I got were one charcoal and one black 2 piece slim fit suit in a 34S w/ 30x30 pants.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...0&locale=en_US
    https://bananarepublic.gap.com/brows...9&locale=en_US

So Saturday there was 40% off, 25% off for signing up for emails w/ code, 20% off my first order by signing up for a BR card within 90 days, 10% off for using BR card, and I had a $5 BR rewards. Bringing my total for two suits to $397.74 w/ tax and shipping.

The only downside at the moment is that both jackets are BO until August, but I will not be billed for these until they ship.
    Wow, that's great! Don't the email sign up codes not stack with any other offers though?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    288 Post(s)
    I'm curious, too, why they now carry smaller sizes. Perhaps Peter Manning and Suit Supply prove there's demand?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)
    a lot of times codes don't stack, but I called in my order to complain that I didn't get my 20% off code for my first BR CC order. You can only stack a max of 5 codes.

I think it's about time BR and other companies carry smaller sizes, well at least online since there is a demographic of people they are missing otherwise, such as young adults or Asian men like myself.

Hopefully the suits work out.