Thread: Dress Khaki / Tan Pants?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quoted
    80 Post(s)

Dress Khaki / Tan Pants?

I am looking for a tan / khaki colored pant to wear to the office. I would like for it to be something that i can wear with a sport coat and a pair of loafers for instance. i have several pairs of chino pants from BR but to me they are more casual than I was looking for. They are the standard button chinos in a slim fit. I want something slightly more dressy I think. I picked up this pair of ludlow khaki pants from jcrew thinking this was more of what i was looking for but they are blander, darker, and heavier than i had hoped they were based on the picture.

Does what I am asking for make sense? Is it possible that I am thinking of a wool pant instead of a cotton pant? What would you wear with a sportcoat if you were out on business casual dinner with execs (where i needed these)? Specific links would be really helpful.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    47 Post(s)
    It depends on the weather/level of office formality/etc., but I pretty much always prefer the look and feel of wool to cotton. Should be a decent selection of brown/tan wool pants out there.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quoted
    194 Post(s)
    I have a pair of Brooks Brothers Advantage Chinos in tan. They come creased and have an extended closure. They are definitely more on the dressy side when it comes to chinos. They are wrinkle resistant, although made from 100% cotton. They feel pretty nice and honestly don't wrinkle at all. I would say they are one step down from wool trousers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Land's End no iron dress twill pants are my go-to cotton trousers for the office. You can get them in traditional fit or tailored fit depending on your body type. I like the fact that you can get them unhemmed (I'm a taller guy) and have your tailor dial in the inseam. The material is thicker than BR and J Crew and holds a crease well. I've got pairs in the 'khaki' color which I tend to wear more in the summer and the 'tree root' color year round. Land's End runs sales all the time so you can probably get 25%-40% off the listed price.

Don't believe the 'no-iron' claim in the description...if you want to look sharp for the bosses then iron them after each wash.

https://www.landsend.com/products/me...15?sku_0=::LGR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I found some Ralph Lauren Polo chinos some years back that were amazing, they were a sort of brushed cotton, possibly moleskin? Creased and formal, yet soft and luxurious at the same time. I wore mine out and haven't been able to find a similar pair since, today they all seem to be some variant of twill.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)
    I agree with Tacitus on wool over cotton but cotton gabardine dress pants will fit your requirements if you don't want wool.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    161 Post(s)
    Lands End dress twill, Brooks Brothers.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)
    BR has a dressy version of khaki pants. With it being non-iron, it should help you look more professional than an average chinos.
    https://secure-bananarepublic.gap.co...&pid=227725012