Thread: Best Low Cost Slim Fit Dress Shirt

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Best Low Cost Slim Fit Dress Shirt

For years I've worn Express Fitted, then Extra Slim Fit dress shirts (after they came out). I like how they fit (most of the time), but I'm getting tired of the fact that their color and pattern choices are limited in their patterened shirts. I have a couple TM Lewin Fitted shirts, which I LOVE how they fit, but they are cut super high on the sides and I typically wear my shirts untucked (untucked with jeans).

What low cost slim fit brands have other found that fit the bill, or am i stuck with Express?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)
    My two go-to places for low cost dress shirts that have good selections are Paul Fredrick and Charles Tyrwhitt.

Paul Fredrick shirts are generally too long to wear untucked and I'm over six feet. But PF does have a no questions asked return policy; indeed, they take back my monogrammed shirts when I'm not happy with the fit.

I'm not generally an untucked type, but the CT shirts work for me that way the few times I've tried it.

With sales, discount codes, clearance, etc., you can generally get them in the $30 to $50 range.

https://www.ctshirts.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    I've been wanting to try CT. I read the fit is a lot like TM. The only downside I read is that the arms on the CT shirts aren't very slim, from a few people. Not sure if that has been fixed.

I was wondering if the sides we high cut like TM, which is the main reason why I hadn't tried them yet.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)
    I recently noticed CT now has a Super Slim Fit option, but the Extra Slim fit is slim enough for me so I haven't tried it. They offer dress shirts, but also more casual dress shirts that seem to be more in line with how you seem to be wearing them. You might try both fits and see if they are what you are looking for, because as was mentioned you can pretty regularly get them for <$40.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quoted
    531 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryan2 View Post
    I've been wanting to try CT. I read the fit is a lot like TM. The only downside I read is that the arms on the CT shirts aren't very slim, from a few people. Not sure if that has been fixed.

I was wondering if the sides we high cut like TM, which is the main reason why I hadn't tried them yet.
    I wear the slim cut CT, and the size is fine for me. But I have arms a bit bigger than most people because of weight lifting when I was younger. Or maybe genetics, I don't know.

They have extra slim now, so maybe that's the one for you.

I'm not sure what you mean by the sides being cut high--as in the sides of the tails are high compared to the front of the tails? Well, higher than the PF shirts--which to me is why you can wear them un-tucked. If they are too low, then I don't think you want to wear them un-tucked. But that's just me.