Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Actually comfortable dress shoes - not just comfortable for a dress shoe

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quoted
    285 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mebejoseph View Post
    The photos on the AE website make it look like a normal shoe--what looks bad?
    Right?? That's why I bought them.

Like @facelessghost described. The toes were bulbous. I can't remember if the leather looked cheap or not.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    Have you considered Cole Haan when on sale? I have a pair with Grand.OS and they are comfortable.

I have heard good things about Ecco (although a wide range in quality), but have not tried yet.

I have a slightly wider foot, so any made in Italy are generally a little tight. And some would say the ones I find most comfortable are not sleek enough.

My most comfortable pair are Grant Stone, but they are also the most expensive shoes I own. https://www.heddels.com/2016/03/gran...y-shoe-review/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Actually comfortable dress shoes - not just comfortable for a dress shoe

Both Ecco and Clark’s are great for about six months, then the insoles wear out.

Clark’s, with blue Superfeet insoles have been the fix. Once the shoes are broken in, I put the blue superfeet insoles in them. Fixed my plantar fasciitis and I can stand/walk in them all day without issue.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 77Pat View Post
    Have you considered Cole Haan when on sale?
    I have a pair of really basic Cole Haan cap toes that were mentioned on here (during a sale) years ago, and they are still very comfortable (although probably less so than a few years ago). I think they were in the early days of the Nike integration, so they have Nike air soles (or something like that), but they still just look like normal, thin, black rubber soles. The leather is definitely not as nice as any of my AEs, but they've held up remarkably well as rainy day and "beater" dress shoes.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quoted
    197 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by evanparker View Post
    i could walk many many miles in my leather sole AE's.

best fitting shoes i've ever worn ever. they're amazing.
    Funny how foot shape can alter everything, any of my many AEs are for looks only and less comfortable than $100 dress shoes.

Regarding topic:

Herring Double Monks are my go to, leather isn't cheap stiff kind like my AEs/Magnanni/J&M, feels like I'm wearing a slipper.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quoted
    663 Post(s)
    i've been very impressed with banana republic's dress shoes in terms of comfort. i wear mine for miles of walking in vegas and they're quite comfy and stylish and can take a beating

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quoted
    663 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shad0w4life View Post
    Funny how foot shape can alter everything, any of my many AEs are for looks only and less comfortable than $100 dress shoes.

Regarding topic:

Herring Double Monks are my go to, leather isn't cheap stiff kind like my AEs/Magnanni/J&M, feels like I'm wearing a slipper.
    what pair of herring double monks do you have that are THAT comfortable....?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quoted
    663 Post(s)
    Bumping @shad0w4life im genuinely curious and would like to buy those herrings

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)
    I've been wearing these for the past 6 months. By far the most comfortable shoe I've ever owned. It's geared towards the barefoot running crowd.

https://caretsco.com/

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    138 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    what pair of herring double monks do you have that are THAT comfortable....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield View Post
    Bumping @shad0w4life im genuinely curious and would like to buy those herrings
    I have these single monk Herring shoes and find them very comfortable after only about 1/2 dozen wears.

They are on the 109 Last. The are in the Premier line, which are a bit on the pricey side, but I got mine on sale for $332. Maybe there's a double monk on that last?

https://www.herringshoes.co.uk/herri.../chestnut-calf