View Poll Results: How many watches do you travel with?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • One - the one I'm wearing

6 42.86%
  • More than one - variety is the spice of life

8 57.14%
  • None - I'm on holidays so time is irrelevant

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many watches do you travel with?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1466 Post(s)

How many watches do you travel with?

With summer here (for many of us anyway) it likely means summer holiday plans. And that got me thinking of what watch I'll wear when we travel. I only take one watch with me, the one I wear, for fear of losing the others.

But what about you guys? Do any of you take multiple watches with you when you travel? Either for work or for holidays?

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quoted
    316 Post(s)
    I wear the same Tissot watch everyday. But when I travel, most of the time I wear my Timex watch.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    Depends where I'm going. I have three watches that overlap -- a dive watch for sports and casual, a watch for casual and business, and a watch for business and formal. So I carry as many of the three as I need.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quoted
    272 Post(s)
    One watch only. If it’s for work, I choose whatever I feel in the mood for. Vacation, my beater.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    2, a diver and a dressier watch. last vacation i did only take the diver tho

Mentioned
    430 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2083 Post(s)
    Generally I take one watch - usually something inexpensive and versatile enough to pull off whatever duties may be contemplated for the trip. When I went to Hawaii a few years back I took a G-Shock DW5600 because I knew I would mostly be hiking, swimming, snorkeling, etc. My last few trips have been to Seattle - on one occasion I took an Orient Ray on bracelet, on another, a Seiko SNKxxx on a NATO strap. Travel is one instance where a non-hacking movement is convenient because you can adjust the time without affecting timekeeping.

Taking more than one watch would make me nervous because it just seems like one more thing to keep track of and potentially get lost in transit or damaged from getting knocked around in a suitcase or whatever. The safest place for a watch will always be on my wrist.
    Ben

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    511 Post(s)
    "One - the one I'm wearing", for me. The watch type will depend on the purpose of the travel. Normally a G-Shock or some type of diver on a NATO or rubber strap for recreational, and if professional, something on a leather strap or bracelet.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    65 Post(s)
    One.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    36 Post(s)
    I take only one watch with me. Even when I travelled to India last year, for a month's visit, I took only one watch. As LesserBlackDog said, carrying more watches adds to the stress of watching out for that one more valuable object.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    Try to keep it to one, but sometimes do two when I need a formal watch (i.e., traveling for black tie/wedding/board meeting).