Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bonobos Weekday Warriors vs. Bonobos Italian Trousers

Hey everyone!

I finally decided to invest some good money in some dress pants as I've gotten away with BR's chinos for some time as my shirt/tie pants. I ended up really liking the weekday warrior pants as I went in and tried them on in the guide shop there, but looking online now i stumbled on the trousers based on others recommendations.

I'll in medical school and always like being well dressed, I feel that the weekday warriors although not as high in quality as the italian trousers are still a worthy investment and I enjoy their comfortable feel and tailored fit. Am I looking at this wrong though and should buy the italian trousers which I think look much nicer for the shirt/tie purpose?

I made some money over the year and wanted to drop some of it to upgrade my wardrobe haha, specifically my pants game. Thanks!

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quoted
    732 Post(s)
    Med school, meaning you'll be spending a good amount of time in hospitals? Go with the weekday warriors, since they can be machine washed

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    970 Post(s)
    I'm a big fan of the weekday warriors (Stretch version, in athletic fit for me, in particular). They're definitely chinos vs. wool slacks, but also definitely a step up from regular/washed chinos in terms of formality. I wear them in my big NYC law firm office, but only wear the washed chinos on casual days. I definitely agree with @Scofield that machine washable seems like a better way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)
    I'm in residency right now and spend almost all of my time in the clinic, so I wear shirt/tie/slacks every day and rarely ever wear scrubs.

For medical school, go with the weekday warriors. You will be around a lot of gross stuff and will want machine washable. You'll still look better than 90% of the people in your class and profession (especially if they fit). You can get one versatile colored pair of the wool for clinic or outpatient rotations when you're less likely to get grossness on you.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    106 Post(s)
    I wear their foundation trousers. In fact, I have five pairs that I wear exclusively to work since we switched to business casual and got rid of all other dress pants. I hate their weekday warrior line. I've always felt like the quality is low for that price point, and you're paying for the brand. The foundation trousers fit and feel significantly better, and there is a noticeable jump in quality. And since the fit is very consistent in the foundation line, I can buy them on final sale for ~$70-90 instead of the outrageous full price of $175 or whatever.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    42 Post(s)
    They have some new yarn-dyed weekday warrior stretch pants that i think look better than the regular line.