Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Am I the only one who doesnt understand Clarks Desert Boots?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    38 Post(s)
    In honor of this thread and me insulting them, I dug out my beeswax bushacres. At least as terrible as I remember. Footbed is really hard, leather is really hard. The suede CDB and rust leather CDB I have are far more comfortable.

I'm going to drop these by the salvation army tomorrow. I have no desire to wear them again.

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Quoted
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hebrew Barrister View Post
    In honor of this thread and me insulting them, I dug out my beeswax bushacres. At least as terrible as I remember. Footbed is really hard, leather is really hard. The suede CDB and rust leather CDB I have are far more comfortable.

I'm going to drop these by the salvation army tomorrow. I have no desire to wear them again.
    Take a fit pic for a last hurrah

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    I don't understand the love for these shoes at all.

They're blobby, make my feet look like Donald Duck and, look like something every frat guy in the SEC slaps on to get dressed up.

Help me out. What am I missing?
    Funny... I like the way they look, and I get complements... but I find them horribly uncomfortable. Ill walk miles and miles in sneakers, or Alden Indys; but something about the flat CDB footbed, zero ankle support, and bouncy but not cushiony crepe sole just tires my feet out - fast. I have other chukkas that are goodyear welted and much more comfortable. Go figure...

Varsity Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    70 Post(s)
    I dont like them either. I am not a fan of those crepe soles.